Raid 1 issue....please help

Support and Discussion for HUR3-SU3S3 ProRaid - For PC Users

Raid 1 issue....please help

Postby xenoxide » May 10th, 2017, 3:56 pm

I have had my Proraid for about a week now. I installed 2 brand new WD 6TB Red drives, formatted in NTFS. Everything was working fine, and I transferred about 4TB from the computer I was selling to it. I configured it in a raid 1 array to make sure data is safe. I was using it daily with no issues, speed seemed good too. I noticed mainly the activity light on HDD1 would flash when using data from it, and both when writing data...makes sense. But never any red lights or any indication something is wrong.
When I plugged it in the other day, it just showed up as "local drive" instead of the name I gave it "6TB Raid", and it also showed no size (free/used).
I pulled both drives while the system was off and plugged them back in the same slots, and I saw it go into rebuild mode which took about a day, once I saw it was done it didn't show up at all.

Then I pulled one drive and connected it directly to my computer and still didn't recognize it, when I checked disk management it shows it as unallocated space and asked to initialize. Both drives were like this.

What can I do to recover this data?
xenoxide

Re: Raid 1 issue....please help

Postby Admin_Mediasonic » May 10th, 2017, 4:11 pm

in disk management, is it showing the drives as RAW?

Don't initialize or format it yet.
you can use File Scavenger data recovery software (run long scan mode)
then save the recovered data.
after you are done, then you can initialize and format
Admin_Mediasonic
Site Admin

Postby xenoxide » May 10th, 2017, 5:38 pm

Ok I will give that a try, and report back.

I assume this software will just get my data back and won't rebuild the raid, correct?
xenoxide

Postby Admin_Mediasonic » May 16th, 2017, 11:55 am

xenoxide wrote:Ok I will give that a try, and report back.

I assume this software will just get my data back and won't rebuild the raid, correct?

Correct, After you recover your data, then recreate a new Raid array
Admin_Mediasonic
Site Admin

Postby xenoxide » May 16th, 2017, 12:08 pm

As of yesterday, trying different programs it seems as if mini tool was the only one who was able to keep the folder structure just as I had it...... Question is, why did it fail in the first place? A raid 1 is supposed to be a mirror but both became unreadable?
xenoxide

Return to HUR3-SU3S3 ProRaid - For PC Users