Newer firmware version found for the HUR3 !!!

Support and Discussion for HUR3-SU3S3 ProRaid - For PC Users

Newer firmware version found for the HUR3 !!!

Postby JodyBerendo » August 25th, 2017, 9:20 pm

Edited by Admin_Mediasonic

the official Mediasonic firmware can be downloaded from herehttps://mega.nz/#!ONQCQYDK!jyGVWIvV ... 2CFCF4z__k

http://www.mediasonic.ca/product.php?id=1398380591

if your just purchase the enclosure. Your enclosure might already have the latest firmware on it.
JodyBerendo

Re: Newer firmware version found for the HUR3 !!!

Postby JodyBerendo » September 1st, 2017, 5:32 pm

Thanks for editing my post. It's the official firmware that isn't working. That URL I gave could have saved a lot of people a lot of trouble, including your company's reputation.
By the way the dropbox link comes to blank!
JodyBerendo

Postby Admin_Mediasonic » September 1st, 2017, 5:53 pm

JodyBerendo wrote:Thanks for editing my post. It's the official firmware that isn't working. That URL I gave could have saved a lot of people a lot of trouble, including your company's reputation.
By the way the dropbox link comes to blank!

can you give us more detail on what was happening to your raid 0. before you used the non official firmware.
thanks
Admin_Mediasonic
Site Admin

Postby JodyBerendo » September 2nd, 2017, 5:02 pm

The hards drives were randomly reading /writing periodically, sometimes they would not stop until I had to reboot. Than I grabbed that new firmware
I mentioned and the problems stop. This is my second HUR3, I was hoping we would not have the problems we had on my last one (there is a post here where we discussed it.
I think you should talk to JMicron about supplying a new firmware, or it least let people about the alternate solution I provided (label it "use at own risk.).
JodyBerendo

Postby Admin_Mediasonic » September 6th, 2017, 3:24 pm

did you have the JMicron HW Raid Manager software installed?
Admin_Mediasonic
Site Admin

Postby JodyBerendo » September 11th, 2017, 7:31 pm

I think I accidently left it running for a while. It was hiding in the task tray. Why, is this bad? It all doesn't matter anyway, I had a power outage and it really messed up the non official firm ware. No matter what I did I couldn't get me new HUR3 running properly again. So, I've decided to give up on external enclosures connected to my laptop.
Instead, I just bought a large secondary internal drive, problem solved. No more RAID, no more HUR3!
JodyBerendo

Return to HUR3-SU3S3 ProRaid - For PC Users