rrogers44

Error message saying disk is not formatted

Post by rrogers44 »

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (5.63 KiB) Viewed 1306 times
Capture 2.PNG
Capture 2.PNG (6.79 KiB) Viewed 1306 times
Hello,

I have been using the enclosure for about 2 years in Raid 1. The other day I got an error message (attached) saying my disk needed to be formatted before use. Canceling resulted in an error message (attached) saying the disk was not accessible and that there was no recognizable file system. HDD1 light was flashing blue/red.

I purchased a new drive to replace HDD1. When I inserted it, the following happened: Rebuild light came on and red x next to HDD1 came on. Red/blue flash with rebuild light on for about 4 hours. Rebuild light went off and HDD1 and HDD2 lights were blue. Clicked on the drive in file manager and got the same issue.

What should my next steps be?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Rich

Admin_Mediasonic
Site Admin

Re: Error message saying disk is not formatted

Post by Admin_Mediasonic »

before you replaced HDD1
were you able to access the Raid array?
if you didn't them is possible both drives went bad or 1 drive went bag
and caused drive 2 to loose partition table? Did you check under disk management to see what you see there?

after rebuild finished has you turn off enclosure yet?

Grayson

Post by Grayson »

Greetings. I realize this is old, but I am experiencing the exact same issue. No bad disk light blinking; disk management saw the array as RAW. Switched USB ports, then cables, even moved to a different desktop running windows 7 (the system this box was originally on, it's on a 10 system for over a year now).

I pulled both disks and separately tried to read in a dock, and received the same error for both. HDSentinel shows the array and each disk as 100% healthy. Running some lost partition apps concluded no partitions available. It's like the partition just vanished into thin air. I've had the enclosure since 2016 with two 3 TB drives in RAID 1. Never had any issue till now. It would appear I'm SOL.

Is there any other discussion on this? Thank you.

Admin_Mediasonic
Site Admin

Post by Admin_Mediasonic »

When hard drives goes in to Raw, mean there is no file system, So Windows can't access them
it is like a Raid array corruption
There is no way to pint point exactly what cause the drives to go into Raw. Some data recovery place give these possible reasons

Reasons:
1. Bad Sectors

2. File System Structural Damage

3. Partition Table Corruption

4. Operating System Reinstallation

5. Virus/Malware Attack

6. Improper Partition Access Permission

Right now you will can use data recovery software ( do it on your dock with 1 drive)
or you can try programs such as https://www.easeus.com/resource/raw-ext ... covery.htm

Return to “HUR3-SU3S3 ProRaid - For PC Users”