Firmware for Mediasonic ProRaid HUR5-SU3 2 Bay 3.5"

Support and Discussion for HUR5-SU3 ProRaid - For PC Users
icpeanuts

Firmware for Mediasonic ProRaid HUR5-SU3 2 Bay 3.5"

Post by icpeanuts »

I purchased one of the drive from Amazon.com last year and it works well the times I used it. I mainly uses it for occasional backups, but I read on newegg reviews, it looks bad.

I tried to look for updated firmware for the device, can you tell me where I can get it?

Any special instructions on updating it and making sure there is no configuration/data lost during the process?

If one of the drive is defective, Do I just swap it out and the system will clone the data over to the new drive or is there special instructions I need to follow.

I am planning to buy more of these type of enclosure. Thanks

Admin_Mediasonic
Site Admin

Re: Firmware for Mediasonic ProRaid HUR5-SU3 2 Bay 3.5"

Post by Admin_Mediasonic »

if one drive is bad, just replace the drive and let enclosure rebuild it (if you are using Raid 1)
Raid 0 stripping and Raid 0 Spanning does not have redundancy so won't rebuild
you can download the firmware update from here http://www.mediasonic.ca/product.php?id=1470955687

clubZa

Post by clubZa »

If one of the drive is defective, Do I just swap it out and the system will clone the data over to the new drive or is there special instructions I need to follow. :lol: :lol:

holiday palace

Admin_Mediasonic
Site Admin

Post by Admin_Mediasonic »

clubZa wrote:If one of the drive is defective, Do I just swap it out and the system will clone the data over to the new drive or is there special instructions I need to follow. :lol: :lol:

holiday palace
If you are using Raid 1 Mirror, yes just replace the bad drive and enclosure will rebuild it

if Raid 0, since there is no redundancy, If one drive goes back, you will lose data, would need to use data recovery software

Return to “HUR5-SU3 ProRaid - For PC Users”