Doesn't recognize hard drives

Support and Discussion for HF2-SU3S2 ProBox - For PC Users

Doesn't recognize hard drives

Postby dlockie » February 7th, 2016, 6:02 pm

The Probox appears to be running, but I can't get it to recognize or show any of my three hard drives.
I'm using the USB cable, and Windows 10 (which is listed as supported).
The desktop is HP Pavilion 500 PC.
It flashes for HD1 about 6 times, then stops and I can't see it in diskmgmt.msc.
If I reboot with it turned on, the desktop will hang.

The hard drives were from previous computers, and I need to get files off them...

Help!
dlockie

Re: Doesn't recognize hard drives

Postby Admin_Mediasonic » February 13th, 2016, 11:10 pm

try with only 1 drive at a time on slot #1
and see which drive works and which does not
Admin_Mediasonic
Site Admin

Postby kevinkazienko » October 23rd, 2016, 12:56 pm

I am having a similar issue. I've had this enclosure for just over a year now and it's been working flawlessly with all of the OS's I've used it on; however, last night after I got home I noticed that none of the drives were showing up on my computer. The enclosure was still on and appeared to be functioning normally other than the read/write light indicators for each hard drive as I had no access to them.
I've tried power cycling both the enclosure as well as the system it's plugged into. I have tried plugging the enclosure into another system (same result), I tried plugging the hard drives into another interface (they can be read and written to just fine) so I know for sure it isn't the hard drives, I have a feeling like the USB interface may have gone kaput or something. The weird thing is that when I first boot the device up - the hard drive lights flicker (POST?) and I can hear the drives spin up but they never appear on the system. The only thing I haven't done is try the eSATA interface only because I have nothing to plug it in to.

Of course this happens after the year warranty is up... But I do love this device and if I can get it working I would be forever thankful. For now the majority of my drives are directly installed in my system.
kevinkazienko

Postby Admin_Mediasonic » October 28th, 2016, 12:29 am

Hi
get hard disk sentinel (there is a trial)
check the SMART INFO and health % on your hard drives.
Many times when it was working well and all of sudden it starts to act up. Usually is a bad drive. (bad but not dead yet)
if a drive have degraded health and SMART Info errors, it still does spin. And when you put into a single drive bay. It will looks like is working
but you really need to check the SMART info to see any error.
Admin_Mediasonic
Site Admin

Postby rmpoolephoto » February 3rd, 2018, 11:48 am

Had only one drive in the enclosure for a few weeks and decided to add two more to set up in RAID. When the new drives didnt show up I inserted and formatted them in the #1 slot hoping they would show up after formatting and assigning a letter path. Still not showing. Not sure where to go from here. I downloaded HD Sentinel and not showing there either. Please advise
rmpoolephoto

Postby Admin_Mediasonic » February 6th, 2018, 12:59 pm

rmpoolephoto wrote:Had only one drive in the enclosure for a few weeks and decided to add two more to set up in RAID. When the new drives didnt show up I inserted and formatted them in the #1 slot hoping they would show up after formatting and assigning a letter path. Still not showing. Not sure where to go from here. I downloaded HD Sentinel and not showing there either. Please advise

Raid? so you will like to create software Raid?
are you using USB or eSata?
Admin_Mediasonic
Site Admin

Return to HF2-SU3S2 ProBox - For PC Users