Mediasonic Probox 4x keeps on turning off

Support and Discussion for HF2-SU3S2 ProBox - For PC Users

Mediasonic Probox 4x keeps on turning off

Postby Gnimble » September 9th, 2016, 11:59 am

Hello everyone,

I purchased a Media Sonic ProBox X4 due to the USB 3.0 and eSata advertisement. I think I was one of the early adopter. I could not get it to work with USB3.0 because the computer kept on connecting and disconnecting the ProBox. I couldn't use eSata either because my computer did not have an eSata port replication interface so it only sees one drive. I decided to use the UB 2.0 interface instead for a while and then put the ProBox away while I am on foreign travels. I returned after two years and wanted to use the ProBox again.

While I don't mind using USB 2.0, I am really annoyed by the way the ProBox shuts down if not used for a short period of time. Unlike my other portable hard drives that just go to sleep and spins down, and spins up whenever I need it; the ProBox actually shuts down as so that I have to physically press the power button to get the computer to see it again; then I have to wait for the computer to remount each of the drive.

Is there a way to keep it on indefinitely? I am using Windows 10. I have the same problem with Windows 7 before.

Thank you.
Gnimble

Re: Mediasonic Probox 4x keeps on turning off

Postby Admin_Mediasonic » October 7th, 2016, 3:10 pm

change power Sync to "orange" LED option

1. These are the Power Sync modes:

Blue LED = When PC is turned off, the enclosure will turn off in 15 seconds (when you turn on the PC you will have to turn on the enclosure)
Orange LED = When PC is turned off, the enclosure will go into sleeping mode (When you turn on the PC, the enclosure will turn on automatically)
OFF (No LED) = No Power sync, Enclosure stays on when you turn PC off

hold the Sync button to switch between them
Admin_Mediasonic
Site Admin

Return to HF2-SU3S2 ProBox - For PC Users