raid vs non raid

Support and Discussion for HF2-SU3S2 ProBox - For PC Users

raid vs non raid

Postby l fraser » November 18th, 2016, 9:19 am

new to forum so hello to all. I recently bought HF2-SU3S2 ProBox - For PC Users as I thought it supported a raid configuration but it does not. it is a pain to return so I am trying to figure a best use. What I am wondering is what happens when one of the four hard drive fails. Do I lose all data or just the data on the failed disk. thanks larry
l fraser

Re: raid vs non raid

Postby Citizen229 » December 6th, 2016, 1:15 pm

I use mine for media storage for point and click access. Raid is a nice function and in times of errors data can be saved. But raid in itself is not a backup.

I ripped all my dvds and compressed them. I have some old dvds and they have light scratches and lets face it, they will not last forever. I have 1 4tb WD red that is my access point and another for back up. As secondary back up I use blueray disks to have a removable media back up. the disks sit in cases in the closet. this enclosure is attached to our htpc and is mass storage for our entertainment. We are $5 movie bin junkies. So we pick up new ones quite frequently. Darn good movies we watch in theaters and then buy the movie when its is released.
Citizen229

Return to HF2-SU3S2 ProBox - For PC Users