Auto Shutoff

Support and Discussion for HF2-SU3S2 ProBox - For PC Users

Auto Shutoff

Postby daveleau » December 24th, 2017, 1:37 am

Hello,

I have a 4-bay external hard drive enclosure (Probox) with 2 2TB drives in it. I just took it off my desktop where it works perfectly. I plugged it into my HP Spectre x360 laptop and the enclosure will not stay on for more than 15 minutes of inactivity. Meaning, I will be working on my laptop doing something other than accessing the hard drive enclosure (editing files on the laptops hdd) and the auto shutoff on the enclosure will shut down the enclosure. If I work on the drive and access files every 15 minutes or less, the drive enclosure will remain on as long as I am working with it. The longest I've had it on is 2 hours.

This appears to be a power management issue, but I cannot find a way to edit USB power management options. Is there a way to change the USB connectivity with the external drive enclosure to get it to stay on until I eject the USB device? Or, is there a way to disable the auto shutoff feature?

HDD Enclosure - MediaSonic Probox 4 drive enclosure
Drives - 2x 2TB WD Black drives (7200rpm)
Connection - USB 3.0
Windows 10 with all updates
Laptop - HP Spectre x360 15" 8th Gen i7

Thank you for any help!
Dave
daveleau

Re: Auto Shutoff

Postby Admin_Mediasonic » January 10th, 2018, 12:39 pm

is normal for small form factor pc, because they tend to turn off USB Power to save power.
try turning off the USB power Suspend in Win 10
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-prev ... sb-devices
Admin_Mediasonic
Site Admin

Return to HF2-SU3S2 ProBox - For PC Users