plays files on drives, but can't move any to them or between

Support and Discussion for HF2-SU3S2 ProBox - For PC Users

plays files on drives, but can't move any to them or between

Postby russelldavid » January 31st, 2018, 10:48 pm

my enclosure has been working great for half year or more. don't remember when i replaced the old one, honestly. but just a couple days ago, tried to move group of files from one physical drive to another within the enclosure. it then became unrecognized by windows and had to reboot it. i also can't move files to it from my pc, or vice versa. i'm limited to only watching videos already on it, and that's not acceptable. i've run sentinel, all my disks are in prime condition. none dips below 92% in any of the categories. any help, please? this is discouraging.
russelldavid

Re: plays files on drives, but can't move any to them or bet

Postby Admin_Mediasonic » February 1st, 2018, 1:28 pm

check if your file are set to read only.
try different USB ports or if you have a single bay enclosure, try removing a drive and connect to it and see if is doing the same thing

which Windows version are you using?
Admin_Mediasonic
Site Admin

Re: plays files on drives, but can't move any to them or bet

Postby russelldavid » February 2nd, 2018, 9:53 am

yeah. i think i've figured the issue isn't the enclosure. one of the drives seems to have problems. i ran sentinel, and chkdsk. both came back fine. but when i plug just that disk into a usb, it does the same thing. i've tried messing with permission, but i now own the entire drive, and still does the same stuff. thing is, all partitions on the disk do that now. any ideas? sorry. i know i's not your responsibility. i'll research. but any info would be awesome
russelldavid

Return to HF2-SU3S2 ProBox - For PC Users