New ProBox "Disk Not Ejected Properly"

Support and Discussion for HF2-SU3S2 ProBox - For PC Users

New ProBox "Disk Not Ejected Properly"

Postby smajor » December 9th, 2014, 9:50 am

Hello, I have a new ProBox 4-bay on my media server (OS X Server running Yosemite) with two 3TB and one 2TB Western Digital "Green" drives. From work this morning I connected remotely and see that all the drives were ejected improperly. Obviously, I need to return with more information to post here when I see exactly what state the box is in when I get home tonight.

Before that, I'd like to know how I can be certain the box has the latest firmware? I recall JUN printed near the SN number, but that's it.

Also, I have a USB 3.0 to eSATA adapter I'd consider swapping in place of straight USB3. I've read elsewhere that it works well with other USB3 external devices that sometimes take themselves off-line.

I did make sure that the box was set to *not* power off using the control on the front of it. In fact, it has been on and running very well since Saturday - it seems to have vanished in the morning hours this AM (Tuesday.)

Obviously I'm concerned about stability. If I can't count on it, I'll be returning it for something else and posting an appropriate review.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

EDIT: I realized that I missed turning off the "Put hard disks to sleep when possible" setting. I'm not sure that is related to the above, but I'll try it.
smajor

Re: New ProBox "Disk Not Ejected Properly"

Postby smajor » December 14th, 2014, 10:25 am

It happened again. I had a message that the drives were not ejected properly, but then they instantly re-appeared on the desktop.
smajor

Postby Admin_Mediasonic » December 15th, 2014, 12:28 pm

email us
rma_east AT mediasonic.ca
with your enclosure serial # and link to this post
Admin_Mediasonic
Site Admin

Postby bionique » July 28th, 2016, 9:58 pm

Hi! I have the same problem here. I have two Probox, Only one is randomly ejecting.
bionique

Postby bionique » July 28th, 2016, 10:27 pm

Hi, i have the same problem... but only on one of my two Probox. One is a little older. I tried to download the firmware update, but i got an error message when unzipping.

Thanks for your help.
bionique

Postby Admin_Mediasonic » July 29th, 2016, 10:15 pm

bionique wrote:Hi, i have the same problem... but only on one of my two Probox. One is a little older. I tried to download the firmware update, but i got an error message when unzipping.

Thanks for your help.

email us
rma_east AT mediasonic.ca
with your enclosure serial # and link to this post
Admin_Mediasonic
Site Admin

Return to HF2-SU3S2 Probox - For Mac Users