Shuts down after 10 sec of powering on

Support and Discussion for HF2-SU3S2 ProBox - For PC Users

Shuts down after 10 sec of powering on

Postby nikatsu » October 28th, 2015, 12:00 am

This works fine with USB, however, I want to use eSATA. I bought a $100 eSATA to USB convertor that does Port Multiplexing. When I connect this to my Mac with the eSATA cable and adapter an turn it on, it automatically turns off after about ten seconds. It detects it as USB, and I can't use the interface button to move it to eSATA.
nikatsu

Re: Shuts down after 10 sec of powering on

Postby Admin_Mediasonic » October 28th, 2015, 4:22 pm

did you switch enclosure to eSata interface?
you need to hold down on the interface button until you see [1] eSata LED on
Admin_Mediasonic
Site Admin

Postby nikatsu » October 30th, 2015, 1:08 am

That was it. There's a very short window to hold that down before it shuts off. I was just hitting it, not holding it down for a few seconds. I just ended up using straight USB 3.0 so now it does the "Disk Not Ejected Properly" thing after the system goes to sleep, for all drives.
nikatsu

Postby bdphifer » September 13th, 2016, 9:54 am

I am having the same issue. I am using an eSATA to thunderbolt cable that I have been switching back and forth between an iMac and a MacBook Air. (I was having drive problems and it worked better on the Air without crashing) Now I cannot get it to turn on for more than 10 seconds without shutting down. Yes, the eSATA is on.

I had been using this box for years and I hope that either the bad drive hurt the box or a bad box hurt the drive!

Thank god for backup!!
bdphifer

Return to HF2-SU3S2 Probox - For Mac Users