Raid disappearing after a few minutes

Support and Discussion for HFR2-SU3S2 ProRaid - For PC Users

Raid disappearing after a few minutes

Postby da_guy2 » December 29th, 2015, 2:28 pm

I'm having a problem that the raid volumes keep disappearing. The ProRaid unit is still powered on and shows no error light, but I just cant see it in the computer. If I restart the ProRaid or just unplug and plug it back in the everything shows up again... for a few minutes but then disappears again. Any suggestions? Please? I'm getting desperate.
da_guy2
 
Posts: 1
Joined: March 14th, 2014, 9:23 pm

Re: Raid disappearing after a few minutes

Postby Admin_Mediasonic » January 19th, 2016, 4:55 pm

hi
what is the USB 3.0 chipset on your computer
what is serial# on your enclosure?

email us
rma_east (At) mediasonic.ca
Admin_Mediasonic
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1753
Joined: January 28th, 2010, 3:29 pm

Re: Raid disappearing after a few minutes

Postby censor1839 » June 25th, 2016, 3:45 pm

having similar issue.
the drive shows but cannot be accessed. the HDD error light lights up for a second but the drives' error lights are off. it started today with issues trying to download some large sized files from the raid to another HDD. The speed of transfer would spike and then die down and then the drive would disappear.
It is HFR2-Su3s2
SN# jul 1100269
using usb3
censor1839
 
Posts: 7
Joined: June 25th, 2016, 3:29 pm

Re: Raid disappearing after a few minutes

Postby Admin_Mediasonic » June 28th, 2016, 12:09 pm

censor1839 wrote:having similar issue.
the drive shows but cannot be accessed. the HDD error light lights up for a second but the drives' error lights are off. it started today with issues trying to download some large sized files from the raid to another HDD. The speed of transfer would spike and then die down and then the drive would disappear.
It is HFR2-Su3s2
SN# jul 1100269
using usb3


which raid mode are you using?
get hard disk sentinel (there is a free trial)
check the SMART info and health % of your hard drive
Admin_Mediasonic
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1753
Joined: January 28th, 2010, 3:29 pm

Re: Raid disappearing after a few minutes

Postby censor1839 » July 10th, 2016, 4:56 am

I am using raid 5 mode.
I used the hd sentinel and it told me that drive 2 was operating at 15%. I swapped the drive for new drive. the rebuild took overnight. now the drive shows up but I cannot access it as the pc tells me that "the file directory is corrupted or unreadable". The hd sentinel can tell me now that all the drives are at 100%.
Do I need another enclosure now or am I skrewed with the loss of data?
censor1839
 
Posts: 7
Joined: June 25th, 2016, 3:29 pm

Re: Raid disappearing after a few minutes

Postby censor1839 » July 10th, 2016, 5:01 am

I actually noticed now that when I start the system up, the error light goes on for about 3 seconds and then goes off.
censor1839
 
Posts: 7
Joined: June 25th, 2016, 3:29 pm

Re: Raid disappearing after a few minutes

Postby Admin_Mediasonic » July 14th, 2016, 11:34 am

censor1839 wrote:I actually noticed now that when I start the system up, the error light goes on for about 3 seconds and then goes off.


during start up, that is normal, the enclosure is checking the drives. If no problem, then error light goes off
Admin_Mediasonic
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1753
Joined: January 28th, 2010, 3:29 pm

Re: Raid disappearing after a few minutes

Postby censor1839 » July 30th, 2016, 7:12 am

I still cannot see the content of the drives. I ran a smart scan and it identified one of the drives as being with 15% health. I put in a new drive and it rebuilt overnight. the drive is recognized but cannot be accessed. what is the next step?
censor1839
 
Posts: 7
Joined: June 25th, 2016, 3:29 pm

Re: Raid disappearing after a few minutes

Postby Admin_Mediasonic » July 30th, 2016, 9:06 pm

censor1839 wrote:I still cannot see the content of the drives. I ran a smart scan and it identified one of the drives as being with 15% health. I put in a new drive and it rebuilt overnight. the drive is recognized but cannot be accessed. what is the next step?


after rebuild has finished, turn off enclosure and on again (if you have done so)
and see if you can access it now
Admin_Mediasonic
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1753
Joined: January 28th, 2010, 3:29 pm

Re: Raid disappearing after a few minutes

Postby censor1839 » August 7th, 2016, 7:17 am

I did that.
the drive is recognized by the pc as being a drive but it states: "the file or folder is corrupt and cannot be accessed".
I do not understand how a system that is designed to be a raid system, can be possibly corrupting the data after very little use and with the first failure of a drive.

is it possible that the usb3 controller is going bad or the unit itself is acting up and I need a new unit?
censor1839
 
Posts: 7
Joined: June 25th, 2016, 3:29 pm

Next

Return to HFR2-SU3S2 ProRaid - For PC Users

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest