HFR2-ASU32S2 - Showing all disks as RAW/uninitialized!!!

Support and Discussion for HFR2-SU3S2 ProRaid - For PC Users

HFR2-ASU32S2 - Showing all disks as RAW/uninitialized!!!

Postby Robert812003 » June 17th, 2017, 3:06 pm

I've been running a Raid 1 on an HFR2-ASU32S2 using the built in AES encryption.

The enclosure showed there was a problematic drive so I replaced it and the Raid 1 rebuilt itself correctly. A month later, the new replacement drive was flagged as problematic. I took the drive out of the enclosure and mounted it in an external drive reader. After running numerous tests and checking diagnostics, I found that there was nothing wrong with the drive, so I reformatted it and put it back into its spot in the Raid enclosure to allow the Raid to rebuild. The rebuild was done 5 minutes later, which is far too fast. The enclosure initialized and appeared in windows as a Raw/uninitialized disk. I tried removing the formatted disk from the enclosure to see if the remaining drive with all of my data would appear under windows, but it also pops up in windows as RAW/uninitialized.

I've relentlessly tried different solutions and have run out of options, mostly because the enclosure encrypted my disks. I want to send my drive for professional data recovery servicing, but they all say that they can't do anything unless I can provide the AES encryption key. I've tried plugging the encryption USB keys that came with the enclosure, into my PC but Windows does not recognize that anything is plugged in and they do no appear under device manager. Mediasonic, How do I get the key my drives are encrypted with?

I'm at a complete loss, all of my data is gone and I can't get any useful advice out of anyone, other than that I should be contacting Mediasonic. But the vibe I'm getting on these forums is that Mediasonic couldn't care less.

Can an admin or rep please respond?
Robert812003

Re: HFR2-ASU32S2 - Showing all disks as RAW/uninitialized!!!

Postby Admin_Mediasonic » June 28th, 2017, 1:40 pm

It is only encrypted if you did insert the flash AES Key when you set up the enclosure.
And if you did use the AES key, then you should have backed up a AES key to a file.
see manual
https://mega.nz/#!ycYhhJJQ!7Ab55kG-HnQ_ ... ewHRU9rPKo

If you insert the AES key and you see the drive as in Raw mode
try using File scavenger data recovery software to recover data, do a long scan
Admin_Mediasonic
Site Admin

Return to HFR2-SU3S2 ProRaid - For PC Users