Trial and Error with 8 Bay ProRaid

Support and Discussion for H8R2-SU3S2 ProRaid - For PC Users
jm18308

Trial and Error with 8 Bay ProRaid

Post by jm18308 »

First, I am tickled to have this puppy. Issues have been varied. The Spanning JBOD array worked fine off the Asrock Extreme11 esata port - - -for awhile!!. It would disappear, then I would go into disk management and it was there, but had lost it's drive letter. Yeah data intact. Then for some reason it was hit or miss on the esata port even seeing the box. SO, I moved the box over to another bench computer. I installed a SilImage 3132 card and all was well. Gave me a chance to test the silicon image card. SO, then I notice I have a red light on the box, open it and the third drive in the top Quadbay has a red light. Failing drive. Glad the drive was seeing it correctly. Ordered another matching drive and went through some dancing with Acronis True Image trying to clone the bad drive (Nice Idea, but NO GO) So I resigned myself to installing the new drive, create a new array and start coping again. Media Server 24TB, 8 x 3TB Hitachi 7200 rpm's. With new drive installed and new array, yeah NO Red lights. BUT - - - -even though I am using a Silicon Image 3132 card esata, I keep hearing tones from Windows 10 like I am installing a USB device and then the sound of it being removed. SO, I patiently watch device manager as these tones go off, to see what is being added and what is being removed. IT is nothing under USB devices.
HOWEVER, If i watch the Disk Drives 8 unspecified USB drives appear and then disappear, in conjuction with the insert/remove tones. RaidBay continues to write without fault. ??????? Any ideas how to resolve? I will try PC restart, AFTER copying is complete.

Return to “H8R2-SU3S2 ProRaid - For PC Users”