hard drive error warning

Support and Discussion for H8R2-SU3S2 ProRaid - For PC Users
mbash777

hard drive error warning

Post by mbash777 »

i have a windows 10 pc and my system runs fine without problems. i use a Mediasonic ProRaid H8R2-SU3S2 8 Bay 3.5" SATA Hard Drive External Hard Drive Enclosure - USB 3.0 & eSATA in a raid 50 configuration connected to it via usb 3.0 for storage. i have been running this setup without problems for 3 years. recently i backed up all my data and media from the mediasonic unit to other external hard drives without issue. this took days to accomplish. one day upon booting up the mediasonic unit i received an error message from windows stating that the mediasonic unit had problems and windows needed a reboot so it could run diagnostics and address the issues. i ignored the warning and continued without any other issue. this behavior has continued every time i boot up windows. so far, i have not let windows run the diagnostics on the mediasonic unit.

my question is when using any raid array should you let windows 10 runs it's internal dianostics to check the raid array for errors. or does the raid array built in software handle any malfunctions with the array. could windows 10 possibly harm the raid array while checking it with the build in hard drive diagnostics? please advise.

Return to “H8R2-SU3S2 ProRaid - For PC Users”