Problem with clone

Support and Discussion for HUD1-SU3 CloneHD - For Mac Users

Problem with clone

Postby davidintrinity » June 21st, 2016, 8:07 pm

Sorry, I don't see a forum for the Mediasonic HUR2-SU3. This is the closest I could find.

I just purchased a brand new Mediasonic HUR2-SU3 from Amazon. I am trying to clone a 320GB hard drive to a 500GB hard drive. I have taken the proper steps according to the instructions; however, once I power the unit on (in clone mode), all four blue lights and the amber light begin flashing. If I press or "press and hold" the clone button, nothing happens. The flashing continues.

Am I doing something incorrectly or is this unit defective?

Source HDD is in slot 1
Dest HDD is in slot 2
Rear "mode switch" is set to clone
Both drives are valid without errors

Thanks in advance.

Dave in Trinity
davidintrinity

Re: Problem with clone

Postby trengen » July 10th, 2016, 5:05 pm

Did you put the disks in first before you power it on? Make sure that both disks are correctly connected, then turn on the power. Push down the cloning button until the first blue light starts flashing. The amber light only stays on and shouldn't be flashing. Only one blue light should be flashing at a time indicating percentage of completion..25%, 50%, 75% 100%. You will have to wait for a least an hour or more for the cloning process to complete. Once it's done, all the 4 stages of lights will stop flashing. Turn off the power from the back and wait for the hard drives to stop spinning, then pull them out.
trengen

Return to HUD1-SU3 CloneHD - For Mac Users