About the Asmedia chipset USB 3.1 Type-C USB driver...

Support and Discussion for HF2-SU31C / HF7-SU31C - For PC Users

About the Asmedia chipset USB 3.1 Type-C USB driver...

Postby DJLarryt » May 14th, 2019, 11:06 am

Hi support,

I purchased the HF7-SU31C and am using it on a newly-built PC with an ASUS PRIME Z370-A motherboard. After checking my device manager, I see that Windows 10 has auto-installed the AsMedia USB 3.1 Type-C driver as mentioned in the sticky on this board, preventing the MediaSonic drive bay from recognizing the computer via the USB3.1 connection. As a result whenever I turn it on, within 2 seconds it goes on sleep mode, I haven't even been able to set it.

I am the Admin of my PC, nobody else uses it. When I try to Uninstall/delete drivers and then check the Device Manager, the driver install pops right back in place even though I have specified in my User settings to disallow automatic driver updates by Windows.

I went through this frustrating exercise for about 1/2hr, watching Win10 rapidly re-apply to this device with the AsMedia driver. I even went into the System32 file and renamed the drivers so they wouldn't be found again and they magically re-appear even before I try re-assigning them to the Intel set.

At one point I was fast enough to try to point to the specific Intel drivers on my PC that I tried applying- Win10 complains that the 'driver is not suitable for this device' and won't allow it.

I was unaware of this driver incompatibility issue with the HF7-SU31C when I purchased it. Does this mean I have to be satisfied with using a 3.0 USB connection if I want to use this device? I'd have gone with a less expensive model had I known this would be the case.

Thanks.
DJLarryt

Re: About the Asmedia chipset USB 3.1 Type-C USB driver...

Postby Admin_Mediasonic » May 23rd, 2019, 7:40 pm

when you went to uninstall the drivers, did you click on the "delete driver software for this device" ?
Admin_Mediasonic
Site Admin

Return to HF2-SU31C / HF7-SU31C - For PC Users