User Interface

Support and Discussion for HF2-SU31C / HF7-SU31C - For PC Users
WesternMark

User Interface

Post by WesternMark »

Is there a user interface on a HF7 with settings that can be adjusted? When I connect with the supplied cable the drives show up as 3 additional "internal" drives (3 singles is the setup I want) but as soon as I disconnect the unit goes to sleep and I can't access the drives until I reconnect with a cable.
Thanks

pastordl

Re: User Interface

Post by pastordl »

As far as I know all mediasonic Drive boxes require a cable hookup. Either USB 3.0, USB 3.1 or ESATA cables depending on the unit. Sounds like you think there is a Wireless setup, (Wifi or Bluetooth). To my knowledge no one makes a wireless external drive box.

Admin_Mediasonic
Site Admin

Post by Admin_Mediasonic »

All Mediasonic Enclosures are DAS ( Direct Attached Storage )

Maybe you are thinking of a NAS ( Network Attached Storage )

WesternMark

Post by WesternMark »

I guess I was thinking of a NAS. I'm connected to the Probox USB 3.1 (C) to an older Win 10 desktop (USB 3.0 with always on power for charging devices). My router is showing 2 different IP and MAC addresses for the desktop when the Probox is on. Rather than mapping the 3 drives to various laptops I was hoping I could access the DAS drives directly via the IP/Mac address. Not too big of a deal.
Transfer speeds seem low especially between DAS drives. Desktop to DAS is about 23 MB/s and from one DAS drive to another is only about 12MB/s. I'm moving and sorting about 4TB of info and it's a long process. I read Fastcopy (?) might help. Does it need to be installed on the desktop or on a DAS drive? Are there firmware updates? How do they get installed?
Thanks

Admin_Mediasonic
Site Admin

Post by Admin_Mediasonic »

run a speed test on the enclosure https://www.aja.com/products/aja-system-test
which Cable are you using? USB-C to USB-A ? the one we recommend is this one
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GGKYR2O
there some USB-C cable that is of USB 2.0 ( so not sure which one you have)

since you mention, enclosure is connected to a desktop USB 3.0, the only way to share the drive in the enclosure is to shared it over
the network.( share folder or share whole drive). This enclosure is a DAS, it will not have an IP address or Mac address. I don't think what you saw on the router is related to this enclosure

Return to “HF2-SU31C / HF7-SU31C - For PC Users”