Original Firmware Download?

Support and Discussion for Mediasonic MTP-710 Tablet

Re: Original Firmware Download?

Postby rjt08186 » January 5th, 2013, 9:05 pm

I got one of these for my Mom and she hasn't used it much, and now she has the android on it's back with it's belly open. It'll boot, and freeze on the boot screen, but she pressed the volume button. Is it dead or can we reset or reload the firmware? She doesn't do much with it she just wanted to read some books with it.

Just an FYI, the spec on the tablet was for 1 GB of DDR3, but it only had half, everything else was the same, pretty sure. Thanks for any assistance.
rjt08186

Postby Tiabethy » January 17th, 2013, 6:25 pm

I have the 512MB. Is there an update I should get? I don't have a lot of issues just a couple (can be very slow at times & has reset a couple of times which changed the ID that made some apps unhappy) & was wondering if an update would help? Thanks!
Tiabethy

Postby jayderyu » January 21st, 2013, 3:36 pm

I'm also stuck in needing an original firmware boat. I have one and after a month of tinkering with settings I am unable to fix the serious problem. It seems that part of the storage is unwritable. I don't mean the "android" folder where the os and kernel are kept, but the area of storage that prevents save games, liscencesed software to not save there authentication, unable to store any written documents in office pro and a slew of other problems where creating files just won't occur.

So I decided to just do a factory reset where the drive will be formatted and... no go. Andy shows up, then is fallen on his back with a red warning sign that the img is no good. This is the MTP 710 with 1gb ram.

Could use a fix to this.
jayderyu

Postby Admin_Mediasonic » January 26th, 2013, 6:34 pm

check message
Admin_Mediasonic
Site Admin

Postby elbote83 » February 5th, 2013, 12:06 pm

i have this tablet too... the mtp-710 and i cant install any aplication from play store, when i try to do this, the aplication says downloading but never happends, besides that, if i install any other app from the sd card, installs ok, but when i reboot the tablet comes back to the factory state... please some help
elbote83

Postby jjjtoy » February 6th, 2013, 8:54 am

Can I get the firmware for the 1gb version? Or how can i reset it? It is stuck on the boot screen and just says android.
jjjtoy

Postby Teklach » February 13th, 2013, 4:25 pm

Hi! I would need the original firmware also and please would be nice to have minimum instructions on how to reset the tablet.
I have the 1GB version.
Thank you!
Teklach

Postby cfoote89 » February 20th, 2013, 12:51 am

Hello I have purchased a MTP710 and am at the moment after restarting the tablet having issues getting it to turn back on. It comes on with the android logo and also the Mediasonic logo and then just goes black. I am very frustrated. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
cfoote89

Postby Admin_Mediasonic » February 21st, 2013, 3:02 pm

cfoote89 wrote:Hello I have purchased a MTP710 and am at the moment after restarting the tablet having issues getting it to turn back on. It comes on with the android logo and also the Mediasonic logo and then just goes black. I am very frustrated. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

have you charged the enclosure before turning it on?
try connecting the power adapter to it an then turn it on
if still not coming on, check your messages on how to reflash firmware
Admin_Mediasonic
Site Admin

Postby bittmann » March 10th, 2013, 3:00 pm

I also have a 512-MB MTP-710. I experience long pauses, etc. when browsing the Internet, etc. Is there a firmware image that is lighter-weight, and would give me better responsiveness?
bittmann

PreviousNext

Return to Mediasonic MTP-710, 7" SmartPad Android 4 Tablet * Discontinued *