Wireless connection dropping

Support and Discussion for Mediasonic MTP-710 Tablet

Wireless connection dropping

Postby vco123 » April 23rd, 2013, 5:23 pm

I am supporting 2 of these units purchased by a client, every time w connect to wireless, it appears to stay connected while idle, however, when launching any web based apps such as store or browser, the system immediately drops wireless connection. Is there a chance this was a known issue resolved with a firmware upgrade?
vco123

Re: Wireless connection dropping

Postby Admin_Mediasonic » April 24th, 2013, 2:05 pm

vco123 wrote:I am supporting 2 of these units purchased by a client, every time w connect to wireless, it appears to stay connected while idle, however, when launching any web based apps such as store or browser, the system immediately drops wireless connection. Is there a chance this was a known issue resolved with a firmware upgrade?

When tablet is on idle, wi-fi will turn off to save power. When wakeing tablet from idle, just have to wait for wifi to reconnect to wifi network
Admin_Mediasonic
Site Admin

Re: Wireless connection dropping

Postby mo418 » May 3rd, 2013, 7:25 pm

I think if you look carefully you can find the option to disable Wi-Fi going to sleep when tablet is idling. I don't remember exactly but a quick Google search will guide you through the steps to get to advanced settings.
mo418

Return to Mediasonic MTP-710, 7" SmartPad Android 4 Tablet * Discontinued *