Blue Screen

Support and Discussion for HP1-SS3
mjones73

Blue Screen

Post by mjones73 »

I just installed this adapter in my Windows 10 PC that was already updated to Restone5 October 2018 update (version 1809). A few mins after boot I'm getting a blue screen with Internal_Power_Error. If I leave the drive cabinet off I have no issues. The cabinet is a Rosewill RSV-S5 I've had for years, the card that came with it failed completely on me last week.

I've tried the re-install as suggested in the drivers thread with no luck, any suggestions?

Admin_Mediasonic
Site Admin

Re: Blue Screen

Post by Admin_Mediasonic »

sorry, but we are still trying to find a solution
the problem was caused by Windows 1809 update.

mjones73

Post by mjones73 »

Thanks, I'll check back later then.

micmed

Post by micmed »

I have the exact same issue as mjones73. Apparently a few others on Amazon have the problem as well. Windows 10 system is not at all stable with this card installed. Reconnected my 2 HF2-SU3S2 boxes via USB 3 and all is well.

DarrenG

Post by DarrenG »

Has there been any update on this? I'm still having the same issue on 1809.
Thanks!

lcipher111

Re: Blue Screen on WIN10

Post by lcipher111 »

For the HP1-SS3, which arrived with my 8bay MediaSonic Non-Raid Enclosure -- I did download the custom driver and since then:
1) on eSata windows 10 takes forever to boot, then blue screens once you login... restarts on recovery screen.
2) on USB3 it finally works and all 7 drives show up.
3) if in USB mode, then hold INTERFACE button to switch to eSata - it blue screens right away.
4) can I insert a standard size SSD drive in either 1st or last port?

Would like eSata to work, although happy with the USB3 performance. It seems you have known about this for a bit -- any ideas?
Would be glad to do any testing. Running Windows 10 latest updates including optional ones.

Admin_Mediasonic
Site Admin

Re: Blue Screen on WIN10

lcipher111 wrote:For the HP1-SS3, which arrived with my 8bay MediaSonic Non-Raid Enclosure -- I did download the custom driver and since then:
1) on eSata windows 10 takes forever to boot, then blue screens once you login... restarts on recovery screen.
2) on USB3 it finally works and all 7 drives show up.
3) if in USB mode, then hold INTERFACE button to switch to eSata - it blue screens right away.
4) can I insert a standard size SSD drive in either 1st or last port?

Would like eSata to work, although happy with the USB3 performance. It seems you have known about this for a bit -- any ideas?
Would be glad to do any testing. Running Windows 10 latest updates including optional ones.
as mention above, Since Windows 10 update 1809, it broke support for this card
if you are running latest , then you are on Windows 10, 1903 update which still doesn't fix the problem

lcipher111

Post by lcipher111 »

Thanks for clarifying, perhaps the November Update will help address the issue. For now I am glad that USB 3.0 connectivity works as well as it does both in burst mode with 100,000s of little files and in large file copy - speed remains high and steady. Overall a great product, but will continue testing the eSata card with every major WIN update. Also in your ad it says that SSDs will work in the tower.
Thanks again.

Admin_Mediasonic
Site Admin

Driver Ver. 3.3.2.0
fix problem with Win 10
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1494

Return to “Mediasonic eSata III PCIe card HP1-SS3”