remove HW180STB 2TB disk size limitation

Tell us your most wanted features from Mediasonic Products, Suggest product improvements

remove HW180STB 2TB disk size limitation

Postby hueypokerbrainz » March 7th, 2016, 5:07 am

Just bought a new 3TB drive to go with my hw180stb and discovered it doesn't work. :(
According to this topic:
viewtopic.php?f=78&t=3429
I need to repartition my hd with smaller partitions. Wish I knew this before I bought the drives (manual doesn't say anything about dirve size limitations.
hueypokerbrainz

Re: remove HW180STB 2TB disk size limitation

Postby sven » July 17th, 2016, 3:10 pm

I also did not see any drive size limitation in the manual, so I bought a 4TB drive to use with the PVR, and it works. The only issue is that the PVR takes about 70 seconds to start recording. So I have to set timer recordings to start 2 minutes early so it doesn’t miss the start time of the program. The PVR is just very slow to begin reading or writing to the drive, but otherwise works just fine. Where this is most inconvenient is entering Time Shift or pressing REC. The screen says "Enter Record, waiting..." for about 70 seconds before it starts recording. During this time, the unit will not respond to any remote commands until recording starts. Also, pressing USB on the remote can take about 20 seconds or so to respond and enter the Multimedia screen, during which there is no message on the screen. Just have to be patient - it does work.

Exact model of drive: WD 4TB My Book Desktop External Hard Drive - USB 3.0 - WDBFJK0040HBK-NESN.
sven

Return to Features Wanted & Product Improvement Suggestions