Change playback speed of PVR to 0.8x

Tell us your most wanted features from Mediasonic Products, Suggest product improvements

Change playback speed of PVR to 0.8x

Postby Sunday » November 21st, 2016, 5:28 pm

I posted this in April of 2016, but maybe I put it in the wrong section, so I'll try it in this section.

Is there a way to slow down the playback speed of videos from the PVR ?
Can I change the playback speed of videos on the PVR from 1.0X to 0.8X ?
I can do this on my Magnavox DVD recorder and Toshiba DVD recorder, there's a .8x button or a playback speed change button. Playback at 0.8X maintains the synchronization between the audio and video. This comes in handy because there are some TV shows which speed up the their shows to 1.2x so they can cram in more commercials, but it makes understanding the dialog very difficult.

BTW, I run the PVR off a WD my passport ultra USB 2.0 1TB. It works perfectly, but I couldn't plug it directly into the HW180STB, I had to plug the HomeWorx into a Pluggable USB 3.0 7 port POWERED USB hub, and then plug the WD drive into the powered hub. The HomeWorx probably doesn't provide enough power to run the WD drive, or even some USB thumb drives.

What I'm doing right now to solve the "too fast" speed problem on some TV shows is to playback at 0.8X on one DVD player and record into another DVD recorder and then convert that DVD video to MPG and copy that file to the WD 1TB external USB drive.
Sunday

Return to Features Wanted & Product Improvement Suggestions