Love this product! But having issues

Support and Discussion for Homeworx HW-150PVR

Love this product! But having issues

Postby penjet » June 17th, 2013, 9:47 pm

This is a great little product. Exactly what we needed in our house to "cut the cable."
We used it successfully for several days, hooked up to our M4-style antenna, using the HDMI out to our TV.

I inserted the USB flash drive (32G) to set it up for program recording.

We shut the unit down, and the next time we powered it up, it was unable to receive/recognize any signals.

We hooked the antenna up to another digital converter to be sure there was sufficient signal and strength (which there was).

I tried resetting the unit to factory settings, and now it gets stuck in a setup loop. It will not recognize or receive any channels, but rather continually tries to setup the unit over and over with no way to exit. The unit has been in use for 3 1/2 days.
penjet

Re: Love this product! But having issues

Postby Admin_Mediasonic » June 18th, 2013, 1:17 pm

hi
please try unpluging the power and wait for 10 minutes of so, and plug it back
Admin_Mediasonic
Site Admin

Postby penjet » June 19th, 2013, 5:59 pm

Thanks. That worked!
Is there a way to avoid this or is this due to some fault?

I did need to reset all of the settings-- hope I will not need to do this if it occurs again.

Thanks much for your help.
penjet

Postby Admin_Mediasonic » June 20th, 2013, 8:02 pm

I think is due to some fault,
for a lot of electronic device, unplugging power and wait for a while and plug it back is the standard procedure
Admin_Mediasonic
Site Admin

Postby The Soundman » July 4th, 2013, 1:44 pm

I just recived the device and I am having the same issue. Upon being turned on, the device goes to search for channels, does not find any and refuses to accept a manually selected channel that appears to have enough signal to be recived. Resetting to factory defaults and unpluging the device as preveously suggested. I am hoping that the device I have is not defective.

Any ETA on the firmware update that has been mentioned. I am very much hoping that it may solve my concerns.
The Soundman

Postby spunyasena » July 4th, 2013, 2:42 pm

I'm in the same situation!
spunyasena

Postby Admin_Mediasonic » July 4th, 2013, 3:26 pm

The Soundman wrote:I just recived the device and I am having the same issue. Upon being turned on, the device goes to search for channels, does not find any and refuses to accept a manually selected channel that appears to have enough signal to be recived. Resetting to factory defaults and unpluging the device as preveously suggested. I am hoping that the device I have is not defective.

Any ETA on the firmware update that has been mentioned. I am very much hoping that it may solve my concerns.

we are currently testing the daily and weekly recording, to make sure it does the recording correctly
so firmware will be out soon, maybe 1 or 2 week more
Admin_Mediasonic
Site Admin

Return to Homeworx HW-150PVR, PVR ATSC TV Tuner and USB Media Player