Audio/Video (Lip Sync) Issue

Support and Discussion for Homeworx HW-150PVR

Audio/Video (Lip Sync) Issue

Postby jonjon1123 » January 8th, 2015, 2:50 pm

Hello,

I just recently bought a Homeworx HW-150PVR and I am having issues with the audio syncing with the video (lip sync). The audio is just a few milliseconds behind the video. The HW-150PVR is hooked up to a HDMI input on my Yamaha RX-V375 receiver that does the switching for my home theater setup. The Yamaha receiver sends the video to a BenQ HST1085ST projector. None of the other inputs on the Yamaha receiver have issues with audio/video sync. Any ideas on things I can check and/or try to fix the issue?

Thanks,

-Jon-
jonjon1123

Re: Audio/Video (Lip Sync) Issue

Postby tentmaker » January 8th, 2015, 3:33 pm

On the BenQ, if you have "frame interpolation" turned on it will cause a delay in your audio due to the projector's processor delay. Most mid-hi end Yamaha receivers have a lip-sync audio delay feature in the sound settings menu that you set-up manually and set the desired audio delay in milliseconds. I suggest looking for it and making your adjustments here or turn off frame interpolation on the projector.
tentmaker

Postby jonjon1123 » January 8th, 2015, 11:18 pm

Thanks for the reply. I checked my BenQ projector and I didn't see any menu options for frame interpolation. I also tried the lip sync function on my Yamaha receiver, but it only makes the problem worse. Looks like it is making the audio even more behind the video.
jonjon1123

Postby dwemett42 » January 9th, 2015, 1:48 pm

Had the same delayed sound problem with my unit that is connect via HDMI.

Go to your menu and select 'Option' ( the earth icon ) and at the bottom is 'Digital Audio'. I think mine was set to 'PCM' or something like that; Select the 'RAW HDMI On' and the sound will then synch-up. Mine did, yours may not; but worth a try.
dwemett42

Postby chrisatlanta » January 9th, 2015, 7:27 pm

I too have trouble with audio/video sync

When changing channels there is a slow motion video delay where the audio is normal so the picture doesnt match the audio

Also when recording, "sometimes", and i mean "sometimes", once the recording starts, the video gets off from the audio and doesn't return to normal until the recording stops. The video and audio were in sync before the recording starts also and after the recording ends. Just not while recording and it is recorded as "off" too. So it makes the recording irritating to watch.

Changing the audio settings from PCM to RAW to OFF doesnt seem to make a difference in this issue
chrisatlanta

Postby warrens951 » January 28th, 2015, 8:47 am

I'm experiencing the same issue with a similar configuration. Hdmi output to a Yamaha receiver, which sends to a Mitsubishi projector. I tried all the tips listed this thread. No improvement. The audio lags behind the video. Anyone found a fix for this?
warrens951

Postby pverro » August 7th, 2017, 5:23 pm

Hi,
Since January 2015, no one have the same issue?
My firmware version is V5.3.
Please see the answer of technical support.
«In most cases, the problem was introduced by antenna or impedance mismatch. Please add a splitter on antenna.
If you are using indoor antenna, you may try a different antenna.

You may try following new firmware. Did you try different set of audio cable?»
Best regards

Pierre
HW150-PVR
pverro

Postby 180STBUser » August 13th, 2017, 7:31 am

I suspect every HW-150 has the same audio/video sync problem but people are either dealing with it (power on/off reset) or have given up their unit for something better. MediaSonic apparently does not post global firmware updates for their tuner/PVR products; at least they haven't for the past 2 years even though there are several persistent problems across the HW-150 and -180 product line. The answer you were given by technical support demonstrates that their technical support hasn't got a clue - a video/audio sync problem has nothing to do with the antenna, its connection to the tuner or the audio cables. It's a decoding problem.
180STBUser

Postby pverro » August 13th, 2017, 9:11 am

180STBUser wrote:I suspect every HW-150 has the same audio/video sync problem but people are either dealing with it (power on/off reset) or have given up their unit for something better.

Thank you for your post 180STBUser, when I apply the firmware update last week, everything was OK, since yesterday I open me TV and the problem reappear.
This my second unit and this is the only one that has this problem. I tried power On-Off and you’ve right, this method fix « temporarly » the problem.

Regards

Pierre
HW150-PVR
pverro

Postby Bullet » January 10th, 2018, 8:41 pm

I too have this problem. This is my second HW150PVR in 40 days.. I returned the first one to store purchaced from as it would keep the correct time. It kept defaulting back to its default of eastern. I am Mountain. The first one would record and play back flawlessly, it would just miss and record the wrong show as recorded two hours early on the weekly timer.
The second one now the time is perfect it hold 10 days now. I am recording on the same 2gb HDD as first PVR that had no issue, only difference I reformatted the HDD to remove first PVR files before installing.
This confirmed, if I play the mts file on a pc the video is not out of sync. If I play back thru the HW150PRV it is at least .75 of a second delayed. Very noticeable.
I was on audio was on PCM on first one without issue. I haven't tried Raw yet. I restored factory defaults and will record again tonight to see if any change. HDD has also been reformatted NTFS again too.
My firmware is March 30.2017 15:02:00 V5
My hardware is MLG7802-V5
Bullet

Return to Homeworx HW-150PVR, PVR ATSC TV Tuner and USB Media Player