Green and black pixels in patterns

Support and Discussion for Homeworx HW-150PVR

Green and black pixels in patterns

Postby anonim » January 29th, 2015, 9:12 pm

I searched both the forum and through Google but was not able to find anyone reporting this, so I may have a faulty unit. In any case..

Regardless of the channel that is tuned, the image goes from being perfectly clear to stationary pixels (green and black) that begin appearing on the display and increasing in quantity over the course of a few minutes. I have the unit connected to an AmazonBasics ultra-thin indoor TV antenna. I thought the issue might be with the antenna, but as soon as I press the Info or Menu button on the Homeworx remote (or change channels), all of the pixels disappear and the image is perfect, shortly after which the pixels begin reappearing again.

The green pixels go diagonally across, whereas the black pixels have a more complex pattern. A picture's worth a thousand words:

ImageImageImage

I have the Homeworx hooked up to my TV directly through HDMI, and I've moved it away from other devices to ensure interference is not the cause. I've not updated the device firmware, this is what it shipped with:

SW Version: CL503883 140215 v18
HW Version: 7816-1237-ATSC-V18

Any ideas? Due for an RMA? Thanks in advance.
anonim

Re: Green and black pixels in patterns

Postby ColdCase » January 29th, 2015, 9:14 pm

You could try a different HDMI cable and a different port on the TV before going through the RMA process. There may be a ground loop or grounding issue somewhere. Try a different AC outlet.
ColdCase

Re: Green and black pixels in patterns

Postby anonim » January 29th, 2015, 9:31 pm

Yup, already tried all three with the same results, unfortunately.
anonim

Return to Homeworx HW-150PVR, PVR ATSC TV Tuner and USB Media Player