Device frequently losing channel programming!

Support and Discussion for Homeworx HW-150PVR

Device frequently losing channel programming!

Postby guydean1 » February 24th, 2015, 12:26 am

Please comment if you have also experienced this issue! Specifically, after allowing the device to scan for all receivable channels, I use it's 'Program Edit' feature to mark unwanted channels with the 'Skip' option. After saving those entries, I exit the program. On average, the device loses my preferences on some of those skipped channels several times a week, requiring me to re-program my choice for those channels - regardless of whether the device has been left on or powered off. This is an aggravating occurrence, to say the least! Is it possible I may be overlooking, or incorrectly completing a step in the programming process, or is it more likely a software/hardware issue? Help!
Software Version: CL503883 131012 v1
Hardware Version: 7816-1237-ATSC-V2
guydean1

Re: Device frequently losing channel programming!

Postby ColdCase » February 24th, 2015, 1:04 am

No help, but that does seem to be a common complaint. I have not had the pleasure of experiencing that bug, however.
ColdCase

Re: Device frequently losing channel programming!

Postby antineutron » February 24th, 2015, 12:26 pm

This discussion covers most people's experiences with this issue. viewtopic.php?f=44&t=2003

I gave up trying to personalize my pvr this way, and problems like this and losing timer settings reduced substantially.

Other than ensuring your firmware is updated (which is otherwise necessary), there's not much else can be done to improve the pvr's stability. The more fancy you try to get, the more you expose yourself to bugs in the system which are affected by factors outside your control (signal variations, broadcaster "sabotage" and hardware issues).
antineutron

Return to Homeworx HW-150PVR, PVR ATSC TV Tuner and USB Media Player