phantom channels

Support and Discussion for Homeworx HW-150PVR

phantom channels

Postby mrodents » August 30th, 2015, 4:40 pm

In North Dakota. When I scan I get strange station codes 21-3 PR40003 , 23-7 pr40007 always picks up on the scan, but no signal appears. Any suggestion? These doe not show up on my newer TV. Other 21 channels do show .
Larry
mrodents

Re: phantom channels

Postby ColdCase » August 31st, 2015, 12:27 pm

mrodents wrote:In North Dakota. When I scan I get strange station codes 21-3 PR40003 , 23-7 pr40007 always picks up on the scan, but no signal appears. Any suggestion? These doe not show up on my newer TV. Other 21 channels do show .
Larry

Perhaps a couple encrypted subscription type broadcast sub-channels. I don't think the PVR screens these out like some TVs.
ColdCase

Re: phantom channels

Postby dave2x » September 1st, 2015, 12:53 pm

If other virtual channels on that station are showing up ok it typically means that they simply haven't added content to the problem channel(s). They can hide those unused virtual channels though, as a PBS station in my area finally did (probably after questions and complaints). Smaller or low budget stations probably won't bother to straighten out the issue. Also, sometimes the number of the problem channel will differ from the virtual channels that do work right, despite having the same frequency. I add those channels to the skip option. If they are ever assigned content they should be added automatically as long as the station is still saved.
dave2x

Return to Homeworx HW-150PVR, PVR ATSC TV Tuner and USB Media Player