HW180STB hooking to storage device.

Support and Discussion for Homeworx HW-150PVR

HW180STB hooking to storage device.

Postby montezuma45 » June 15th, 2016, 12:24 pm

Okay, I'm new to this, I've had the unit for 2 days. I've attached a 16GB SanDisk thumb drive to the unit and it records fine.

If I understand this correctly, the antenna receives the OTA signal, the unit decodes the signal to make visible on the TV (I know, basic stuff). The USB connection is to send the signal to a storage device.

Now for the question, can I hook the USB to the USB on my computer and store the files there?

Thanks for the info in advance.
montezuma45

Re: HW180STB hooking to storage device.

Postby ColdCase » July 15th, 2016, 5:58 pm

The recordings are stored in mts file format which most computers and some TVs can play. Some computers need a third party app, like VLC, however. Attach the drive to your computer and double click the video file and see what happens.
ColdCase

Re: HW180STB hooking to storage device.

Postby Mathwiz » November 15th, 2016, 6:22 pm

montezuma45 wrote:Now for the question, can I hook the USB to the USB on my computer and store the files there?

Thanks for the info in advance.
I've seen this sort of thing done using a specialized single-board computer called a BeagleBone as a bridge to network-attached storage, which I suppose could be a shared folder on your PC, so in theory this should be possible.

But the programming and setup needed to make it work was way over my head, and I can't find any plug-and-play solution.
Mathwiz

Return to Homeworx HW-150PVR, PVR ATSC TV Tuner and USB Media Player