Help with recording. TV show

Support and Discussion for Homeworx HW-150PVR

Help with recording. TV show

Postby SouthernGent » April 2nd, 2018, 8:36 pm

My HW-150 PVR is not recording a TV show that I want it to. I have confirmed that the correct time and channel is set properly, but it doesn't record anything at all.
A couple of questions :
1) Does the HW-150 PVR need to be turned On in order for it to record while I am away from the house?
2) Does my TV need to be On for it to work?

Thanks in advance.
SouthernGent

Re: Help with recording. TV show

Postby 180STBUser » April 8th, 2018, 8:31 am

Yes, your 150 needs to be turned on (power light on front panel is lit green) for the PVR to record automatically. It does not wake up from a power-off state.

Your TV does not need to be on for the PVR function to work.

It's advisable to occasionally check your timer list to make sure that everything you've programmed is still there. My 150 wipes out its timer list from time to time and I have to re-program it. Very annoying, but it doesn't happen that often, maybe once every 2 months or so.
180STBUser

Postby SouthernGent » April 9th, 2018, 7:40 am

Thanks for your response. I believe that not leaving the unit on was my issue.
SouthernGent

Postby eherberg » April 18th, 2018, 10:57 am

The unit can 'wake up' from stand-by to record shows. (The power light is 'red'). If it is turned off from the hardware switch on the box it won't record - but a box in 'stand-by/off' mode can certainly record shows without being green-light 'on'.
eherberg

Postby SouthernGent » April 18th, 2018, 1:52 pm

eherberg wrote:The unit can 'wake up' from stand-by to record shows. (The power light is 'red'). If it is turned off from the hardware switch on the box it won't record - but a box in 'stand-by/off' mode can certainly record shows without being green-light 'on'.

Aha! Thanks for that info.
SouthernGent

Return to Homeworx HW-150PVR, PVR ATSC TV Tuner and USB Media Player