4 TB Drive Support

Have questions? Need information about a Product? Post it here, Let us answer before you buy

4 TB Drive Support

Postby lfurphy » February 17th, 2013, 10:25 am

Does anyone know if Mediasonic plan to offer any kind of upgrade to support 4 TB drives ??? This product doesn't have much of a future if it won't support the new larger drives that are coming out.

Thanks!
lfurphy

Re: 4 TB Drive Support

Postby Admin_Mediasonic » February 21st, 2013, 2:01 pm

Our enclosure already support 4TB
4TB is just like in 3TB, your OS has to support it and for example in Windows, you need to format the drive as GTP partition
Admin_Mediasonic
Site Admin

Re: 4 TB Drive Support

Postby lfurphy » February 22nd, 2013, 12:57 pm

Hmmmm....

I have four BUFFALO DriveStation Axis 4 TB USB 3.0 Dekstop Hard Drives I would like to install, already full of data. Both Windows 7 and 8 recognize these stand alone 4TB drives, no formatting or partitioning necessary. I would like to use these in MediaSonic without RAID or any formatting or partitioning, as stand alone drives with a single assigned Drive Letter. I am able to do this right now with 3TB and 2 TB drives (no formatting or partitioning). But when I plug a 4TB ito the board on the Mediasonic, it only recognizes 3 TB or 2 TB as available space, not 4TB. Mediasonic works fine with up to 3TB, but balks at recognizing 4TB.

Is there a way to do this without having to reformat, partition, etc. and not have to recopy the data back on to the drive? It's not the same as a 3TB, MediaSonic seems to have issues when you plug in an already formatted, partitioned 4TB hard drive, issues it doesn't have when you plug in a 3TB or less. Or am I a total ignoramus (wouldn't be the 1st time) ????

I can use either Windows 7 Professional or Windows 8, I have both. Would prefer Windows 7.

Thanks for any help or insight.

Larry
lfurphy

Return to Presales