Manually adding channels on the HomeWorx HW180STB

Have questions? Need information about a Product? Post it here, Let us answer before you buy

Manually adding channels on the HomeWorx HW180STB

Postby staffherb » October 20th, 2013, 8:59 am

I live in a rural area, centered between 4 different television markets, each on opposite directions. I have a rotor and can point the antenna towards one market or another. My television will allow me to do a scan after I reposition the antenna and only add the new channels that it found. I can also manually add channels to the list. Does the HomeWorx HW180STB allow you to manually add new channels? It sounds like I can do a scan for one market and I'll have to manually add the channels that I want in the other markets but I want to make sure that I can do this otherwise it might be that valuable to me.

Thanks
staffherb

Re: Manually adding channels on the HomeWorx HW180STB

Postby Admin_Mediasonic » October 23rd, 2013, 10:10 am

every time you rotate your antenna, just do auto scan
manual adding will not work if auto scan can't find the channel
Admin_Mediasonic
Site Admin

Postby staffherb » October 24th, 2013, 8:50 pm

Admin_Mediasonic wrote:every time you rotate your antenna, just do auto scan
manual adding will not work if auto scan can't find the channel

The channels are certainly there and an autoscan would pick them up. However, it sounds like ever time you do an auto scan that it erases the channels it previously found . Are you saying that you can manually add channels if the channels are receivable?

I receive channels from 4 separate television markets and 4 separate directions. For example, I receive channels 3, 4 and 6 depending on which way the antenna is pointed. My television will erase the channels that it previously found if you do a scan so I start by pointing the antenna in the direction of most channels and then do a scan. That might add channel 3. I then rotate the antenna 90 degrees and manually add channel 4 and the channels available from that direction and rotate again to add channel 6. So if I turn the antenna back to the original position I can get channel 3 but channels 4 and 6 will not come in. Rotate it again and I can receive channel 4 but not 3 or 6. So on and so forth.

I'd really like to be able to point the antenna in an appropriate direction and watch or record the channels that I receive from that direction without having to do a scan every time.

Thanks again.
staffherb

Postby canukus » October 13th, 2016, 11:54 am

I am having the same problem. If I autoscan, I get all of the stations available in the direction that my antenna is pointing. When I rotate the antenna to get the stations in the other direction and manually tune them, the autoscanned stations are no longer tuned.
Please Mediasonic- do you have fix? I would hate to have to autotune every time I change antenna direction...
canukus

Return to Presales