HFR2-SU3S2 and updating drive firmware

Have questions? Need information about a Product? Post it here, Let us answer before you buy

HFR2-SU3S2 and updating drive firmware

Postby simonk83 » January 18th, 2011, 9:26 pm

Hi again,

So this weekend I'll be picking up a HFR2-SU3S2 and loading it with 4 2TB Samsung F4's. As you may or may not be aware, these drives need a firmware update to fix a stability issue. If I install the drives in to the HFR2-SU3S2, then connect to my PC (using USB), do you know if they'll be recognised individually at boot up in order to update the firmware (it needs to be done in a DOS environment)?

simonk83

Re: HFR2-SU3S2 and updating drive firmware

Postby Admin_Mediasonic » January 19th, 2011, 1:00 am

simonk83 wrote:Hi again,

So this weekend I'll be picking up a HFR2-SU3S2 and loading it with 4 2TB Samsung F4's. As you may or may not be aware, these drives need a firmware update to fix a stability issue. If I install the drives in to the HFR2-SU3S2, then connect to my PC (using USB), do you know if they'll be recognised individually at boot up in order to update the firmware (it needs to be done in a DOS environment)?

Hi,
that is a Raid enclosure, so you must select some type of Raid to use . and it will only show 1 drive letter. Won't show up individually. you have to upgrade the firmware in DOS environment
Admin_Mediasonic
Site Admin

Postby simonk83 » January 19th, 2011, 1:03 am

What if I initially install them in a JBOD configuration, then run the DOS upgrade program to upgrade each drives firmware, and then change to RAID 5 and install all my stuff over? :) I just want to avoid having to individually connect each drive to my PC, update the firmware, then rinse and repeat for the other 3 disks. Not fun.
simonk83

Postby Admin_Mediasonic » January 19th, 2011, 2:22 am

simonk83 wrote:What if I initially install them in a JBOD configuration, then run the DOS upgrade program to upgrade each drives firmware, and then change to RAID 5 and install all my stuff over? :) I just want to avoid having to individually connect each drive to my PC, update the firmware, then rinse and repeat for the other 3 disks. Not fun.

The Raid spanning is it NOT a single JBOD. still only give you 1 drive Letter
Admin_Mediasonic
Site Admin

Postby simonk83 » January 19th, 2011, 2:30 am

Bugger. One at a time it is then :)
simonk83

Return to Presales