[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Mediasonic Forum • View topic - HF2-SU3S2 -- Adding Drives - without formatting?

HF2-SU3S2 -- Adding Drives - without formatting?

Have questions? Need information about a Product? Post it here, Let us answer before you buy

HF2-SU3S2 -- Adding Drives - without formatting?

Postby guestman » February 10th, 2011, 9:03 am

Hi guys,

I'm wanting to buy a HF2-SU3S2 (as this is the only model i can find in the UK)

I already have 4 hard drives with films, home videos, music, etc -- on each one. each drive is 1TB - and most have space free on them.

What i want to do -- is put the drives into the HF2-SU3S2, and have them show as 4 seperate drives in my media player. I do not want to format them as one drive, as i would not be able to copy all my files anywhere. If they all show up as 1 drive - that is fine, but i CANNOT format my hard drives.

Is there a way to do this?

Add 4 drives, and have them just show as 4 drives (or 1 drive) - but NOT need to format them???

Thanks for the help.
guestman

Re: HF2-SU3S2 -- Adding Drives - without formatting?

Postby Admin_Mediasonic » February 10th, 2011, 10:53 am

Admin_Mediasonic
Site Admin

Postby guestman » February 12th, 2011, 9:55 am

Hi - based on your reply, i purchased the HF2-SU3S2.

Unfortunatly - the hard drive shows up as unallocated -- and requireing "initialize disk".

I clicked "initialize disk" as i read this will not format the hard drive -- but it did not help -- disk manager is still showing the drive as "unallocated"

How do i access the data on the hard drive without having to format it?

Thanks for the help.
guestman

Postby Admin_Mediasonic » February 12th, 2011, 10:59 am

What kind of partion and format did you have on your hard drives?
What type of operating system were they used in?
Admin_Mediasonic
Site Admin

Postby guestman » February 12th, 2011, 11:24 am

I'm just trying it with a single hard drive right now -- it's a WD green drive - from a "WD My Book" external USB hard drive.

I took the drive out - which was formated using Windows XP over 1 years ago -- with NTFS.

I think the problem may be beacuse of some software WD include with their hard drives.

I do not have enough free space to copy the contents of the drive -- anywhere else -- to format the hard drive.
guestman

Postby Admin_Mediasonic » February 12th, 2011, 12:51 pm

Admin_Mediasonic
Site Admin

Return to Presales