Drive not recognized in USB 3.0

Support and Discussion for 3.5" & 2.5" Enclosures - for PC Users
HD6-SU3, HD6-SU3S2, HD3-SU3, K32-SU3, H21-SU3 and HDK-SU3 (BN, PK and WT)

Drive not recognized in USB 3.0

Postby Cirofan » January 18th, 2015, 11:09 pm

The drive is recognized in USB 2 port and that is how I partitioned it and formatted it as NTFS.
It behaves as expected on power toggle and on disconnect.
It has a barracuda 3tb drive that was not previously used.
It is not recognized in a 3.0 port even at boot time. But whenever I plug it into a USB 2 port the OS informs me it would run faster in USB 3
I tried removing the partition and rebuilding the disk but (naturally) there were no changes and it behaved the same.
I am using Windows 7 and the USB controller driver is Microsoft. Disk enclosure is K32-SU3 Rev2
Cirofan

Re: Drive not recognized in USB 3.0

Postby Cirofan » January 19th, 2015, 4:26 pm

I noticed a post that suggested the USB drivers should be updated.
I went to my motherboard manufacturer and checked for updates.
I installed it and without rebooting it recognized the USB drive in the USB 3.0 port and behaves as expected. I have not checked read/write speed.

The driver came from:
http://www.service.asus.com/#!downloads/c1wax
and is the same version (Ver 2.0.32.0) as the original; but dated 2011.09.20 update. After loading the driver and rebooting, the driver identifiers appears unchanged.
After downloading and installing, the disc works, but the driver id information is unchanged.

X-drivers.com is recommended as a source for drivers and they seem to have a 2.1.32.0 version dated 5.7.2012 but do not document what the improvements are.
I am reluctant to load a driver from an unfamiliar source when the old one is working. x-drivers seems to be independent of the manufacturer. Does anyone know if their drivers are reliable?
Cirofan

Return to USB 3.0 Single Bay Enclosures - for PC Users