I done screwed up

Support and Discussion for HUR1-SU3S2
flyzam

I done screwed up

Post by flyzam »

:oops: I have a hur1-su3s2 with two 2tb drives set to spanning mode to make a single 4tb.

Today, I plugged the wrong adapter into the enclosure and it seems as if I have fried the drive.

My questions are:
  • Does this circuit board have a sacrificial diode I could remove that might allow it to work again?
  • If not - it seems I can move the drives to another mediasonic device to recover the data - Does anyone know which devices will work? I can't find the same drive as it is old - if I could by the latest that would be fine, but have also found some later models. Will they all work or just certain ones?
  • Will a four drive enclosure work (the last was a two drive)
Thanks!

J.

Admin_Mediasonic
Site Admin

Re: I done screwed up

Post by Admin_Mediasonic »

If you are sure which Raid mode you had it on
then you can get HUR3-SU3S3
after getting it, make sure you do not put hard drives in
set the new enclosure to JBOD ( Raid 0 spanning ) 1st.
after is set to the same raid mode you had it before
then you can insert the hard drive in the order it was before Hard drive 1, must go to hard drive 1 slot in HUR3-SU3S3

flyzam

Re: I done screwed up

Post by flyzam »

Crap - I just saw this, for some reason I didn't get any notification. I just bought the HUR5-SU3 case. Would that work?

I did some more investigation on the HUR1-SU3S2 case. The power comes on fine without the HDD mount inserted. However when I insert the mount there is no power at all. Could this be the backboard, or are the hard drives shot?

Return to “HUR1-SU3S2 Dual Bay ** Discontinued **”