Error Message: "Booking Is Now Full"

Support and Discussion for Homeworx HW130STB and HW180STB

Error Message: "Booking Is Now Full"

Postby cchien » October 3rd, 2017, 3:56 pm

I have a HW180STB, and I have current 30 recording events. When I was trying to add the 31st event, it said something like "Booking Is Now Full" and would not allow me to add one anymore. Does it really only allow 30 recording events? If that's the case, that's definitely too small a number. May I suggest that this needs a firmware update to increase the number allowed. Otherwise, please let me know what I need to do to add more.

Here are some other suggestions in Timer (the page that shows up when one press Timer on the remote):
1. There is current only "Once", "Weekly" and "Daily" in the repeat option. It would be nice to add something like "MON-FRI", "MON-SAT".
2. It currently allows specifying "Starting Date". Maybe add an option to allow programming to be specified by "day of the week", such as Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon-Fri, Mon-Sat. Or, better yet, consider a "Starting Day of Week" and "Ending Day of Week" then it's easy to specify Monday to Saturday, for example.
3. Current, the default "Channel No." is always the first on the list. Please consider picking up the channel that's currently on. Say if I am watching channel 7.1, and I press Timer and try to add a recording event, it would be convenient to default the channel number to 7.1.

Thanks in advance,
Charles
cchien

Re: Error Message: "Booking Is Now Full"

Postby cchien » October 6th, 2017, 3:02 pm

I just want to add that I talked to one of the tech support, and he confirmed that 30 is indeed the limit of the number of recording events one can have.

For a weekly show that runs Monday to Friday, it would take 5 events. Imagine you have 7 such shows you want to record, you will need at least two HW180STB unit to record them all. Yes, the unit is inexpensive, but it does not mean it has to be inconvenient or barely usable. Currently my workaround is to make such show Daily, so each such show would take only one event with the drawback that I will just record something just to delete.

I will just hope that Mediasonic makes the code open source so users can make it a better product. :)

Best,
Charles
cchien

Return to HomeWorx HW130STB and HW180STB ATSC Digital Converter Box with Media Player Function & HDMI