Requesting firmware update

Support and Discussion for Homeworx HW130STB and HW180STB

Requesting firmware update

Postby Mad_Max » June 5th, 2017, 11:02 am

This firmware is buggy, I purchased this late December 2016, every month since them staring with Jan 2017, it does not update the device calendar,
Sometimes resetting to default settings will fix it, but it is now June 5 2017, but the internal date read off the screen still indicate June 1,2017. I have already reset the box to default 3 times, & still the incorrect date of June 1st,2017 shows, it keeps the time OK, but obviously will not record a program when the dates conflict. This has happened every single month this year.

Please send me firmware update to resolve this.

This is absolutely crazy issue
Thanks.
Below is the systems information.

Model: HW180STB
SW Version: Sep 18 2016 17:43:25 v12.1
HW Version: MLG-7802-V12
Mad_Max

Re: Requesting firmware update

Postby Mad_Max » July 6th, 2017, 1:12 pm

Addition to my previous message regarding firmware bug on date rendering.
The date on this particular device using aforementioned firmware. The device did not update the date. The time on the unit remained displayed as July 01, 2017 until July 5th.
I reset the unit to default configuration numerous times over the period from July 2 to July 4th, 2017. Removed the power from the unit for several minutes & channels re-scanned.
Did not re-check on July 5th before going to work. In the afternoon, the date was set correctly .
The Software engineers are requested to please forward a link for patch for this firmware. It is their obligation to provide updates as it it affects equipment performance.
It is a nifty product though. I hope there can be a patch provided for quash this programming bug.
Thank You.
Mad_Max

Postby eherberg » July 6th, 2017, 2:42 pm

Note that there is no clock or calendar in this device. The device only relays what is provided to it by the station through PSIP OTA signal. If the date is incorrect, then the likely possibility is that it is not being sent correctly by the station it is tuned to. (Or perhaps you are trying to use the box as a cable QAM device). The box has no 'calendar' or 'clock' so there is nothing to update. I had a similar situation where a local station was not sending a proper PSIP in the signal. Because so few use the PSIP for recording (using a cable box, TiVo, etc) - it was likely unnoticed by most. I confirmed the PSIP issue using a separate TV that had an info feature to display time/date and then gave a detailed summary of the problem that sent to the system engineer at Master Control for the TV station who then corrected the issue.
eherberg

Postby Indyharleyguy » February 1st, 2018, 1:21 pm

Hi I have the Model HW180STB SW Version Jun 8 2016 V11.3 and HW Version MLG-7802-V11
How do I update the firmware?
Thanks
Indyharleyguy

Postby Mad_Max » March 6th, 2018, 2:06 pm

The device is set for Off the air antenna , not cable.
This behaviour exhibits itself whenever a month has less than 31 days. For example, when Feb 2018 ended, the next day on its timekeeping did not switch to march 1st nor did it correct on March 2nd, nor March 3rd (I use it at least once a day changing to different channels). I even had tried re-learn the channels, no effect.

While it receive the scheduling information for the PVR on the , the actual time & date will increment as Feb 29th, Feb 30, and then after several days will eventually correct itself.
If I program an event to record weekly and its event occurs during that time frame, it will set itself for the following week,. thus skipping the actual date it be recording for ,that is next week, not this week .
Mad_Max

Return to HomeWorx HW130STB and HW180STB ATSC Digital Converter Box with Media Player Function & HDMI