Hardware issues (defective unit) with HW180STB

Support and Discussion for Homeworx HW130STB and HW180STB

Hardware issues (defective unit) with HW180STB

Postby mudar » May 10th, 2016, 3:21 pm

Greetings,

I have what seems like hardware issues (defective unit) with the Mediasonic Homeworx HW180STB. I have sent an email (18 days ago) to both rma_east [at] mediasonic-ca and support [at] mediasonicusa-com, but got not answer

it happens in different ways:
  • A couple of weeks after I bought, it started by some random reboots.
  • Then it would sometimes show a black screen, audio ok, not responding to remote nor unit buttons, and after 5-10 seconds it would reboot
  • sometimes it would show greenish lines with a high-pitch screech.
  • when I reboot it manually (unplugging power) after a crash, it would just not turn back on. In this case I need to wait 2-3 minutes before plugging it back to have it work again.
The shop where I bought it say I had a 10 day guarantee and they told me to check your website.

I've looked around the support forums, and there was no solution to my problem, except for someone who manually replaced a bad transistor on his unit (which is not something I can do).

And it seems I'm running the latest firmware version.

Any help please?! I loved this device, had an excellent reception and image quality until it started crashing..

Here is the information I have about the device
Code: Select all
Model: HW180STB
SW Version: Apr 240 2015 16:53:17-v10.1
HW Version: MLG7816-ATSC-V10

And last, I need to add that I live in Montreal, Canada.

Regards,
mudar

PS: for anyone else trying to register on this forum to report issues, the answer (per 2016-05-10) to the impossible captcha
What is the current model of Mediasonic 2 Bay USB 3.0 enclosure
is
Code: Select all
HUR3-SU3S3
mudar

Re: Hardware issues (defective unit) with HW180STB

Postby mudar » May 10th, 2016, 3:51 pm

Quick update: I just got an email reply from support. It seems they did answer my email at the time, but I never received it...

So to other users trying to contact support, please check your spam folder, and maybe add the support email address to your contacts to avoid that.
mudar

Return to HomeWorx HW130STB and HW180STB ATSC Digital Converter Box with Media Player Function & HDMI