HW180STB OTA Video Resolution Passthrough

Support and Discussion for Homeworx HW130STB and HW180STB

HW180STB OTA Video Resolution Passthrough

Postby ngs428 » June 14th, 2016, 9:58 pm

For me to get the resolution of a broadcasted channel, I need to change the resolution setting to match what is being broadcasted. I would like to just pass the original resolution through.

Most of my OTA channels are 720p, but my local CBS channel is 1080i. I then like to cycle to 1080i using the HDMI button so I can make sure the original signal is sent to my TV. I understand I could set the output at 1080p and it will work fine, I just like to send the original resolution of the OTA signal to the TV.

When watching live over the air TV, changing the resolution under the Menu > Picture > Resolution does in fact change the output resolution of live TV. My tv displays the resolution fed to it and it matches whatever I have set in the resolution menu.

There does not seem to be a way to pass the over the air signal directly to the TV. Can the original resolution of the OTA signal be passed to the TV without selecting the correct resolution by cycling through the HDMI button?
ngs428

Return to HomeWorx HW130STB and HW180STB ATSC Digital Converter Box with Media Player Function & HDMI