HW180STB doesn't respond to "TV LIST" button

Support and Discussion for Homeworx HW130STB and HW180STB

HW180STB doesn't respond to "TV LIST" button

Postby tomangie89 » January 8th, 2019, 8:47 am

Just got my HW180STB from Home Depot. Scanned all the channels right away. Had no problem. Getting over 60 channels very clearly in the Cincinnati area. When I push the TV list button I get a note on the screen that says "USB Device is removed" I plugged in a usb flash drive. It picked it up right away. Now hitting the TV list button I only get a prompt screen that says (MUSIC, PHOTO, MOVIE and PVR). Not getting the complete tv listing. If I push the "EPG" button I only get the listing for the single station that I'm watching at that time. Any fixes for this? I would love to be able to get listings for more of the stations I am receiving.
tomangie89

Re: HW180STB doesn't respond to "TV LIST" button

Postby Fugger » January 9th, 2019, 11:54 am

Mine does the same thing. Perhaps it's a error in the firmware. It would be convenient if the TV LIST button took you automatically to the Program List menu.

If you press MENU -> PROGRAM -> (down Arrow on remote) PROGRAM EDIT -> OK -> INPUT PASSWORD -> 00000

Then you'll see all the channels and there you can Delete undesirable channels from your list, mark Favorites or even rename them if you like... etc

I am looking for a way to remove/bypass the Password Input. I find that totally unnecessary and nothing more than an inconvenience. However, I suppose if you lived with others and didn't want anyone to fiddle with your channel settings it would be good to have.
Fugger

Postby tomangie89 » January 9th, 2019, 5:33 pm

Thanks for the reply. I followed your instructions and was able to delete unwanted channels. Was simple. Still wish I could get the program guide to work on the tv list. Might be a firmware issue. I'm not sure. Hopefully an administrator can help out with it.
tomangie89

Postby Fugger » January 10th, 2019, 9:04 am

You're welcome.
I found out that you can also press the OK button and it will show a list of channels but you cant do anything but view your channel list and select a different channel. Still a useful way to select another channel.
Fugger

Return to HomeWorx HW130STB and HW180STB ATSC Digital Converter Box with Media Player Function & HDMI