You should make the guide xbox one compatable

Discussion for Xbox One with HW150PVR

You should make the guide xbox one compatable

Postby dereklstinson » November 22nd, 2013, 11:25 pm

I am using this this for my tv input for my xbox one. The xbox one doesn't recognize it. The TV signal works but I have to use the controller and I can't use the xbox one tv guide. If you could make this compatible with the tv guide that would be the best thing since sliced bread.
Thanks
dereklstinson

Re: You should make the guide xbox one compatable

Postby jones299 » November 23rd, 2013, 3:17 pm

I 100% agree. That is the only reason I purchased this box. I'm thinking of returning it.
jones299

Postby rrwrrw » November 23rd, 2013, 7:24 pm

I agree. There must be some other device that has similar remote codes as this device.
rrwrrw

Postby mbmccormick » November 23rd, 2013, 11:38 pm

The HW-150PVR is compatible with the Xbox One. Enter remote code N4076 in TV settings > Troubleshooting > Remote code > Cable box. It does not work for the 180 model, however.

https://twitter.com/naeubanks/status/404447621055410177
mbmccormick

Postby therealsod » November 26th, 2013, 10:47 pm

I was able to get the signal coming through without entering the code manually by selecting Mediasonic and HW150PVR. However as the posters above mentioned, I cannot change channels via the Xbox One Guide or by Xbox One voice command. I went to enter the device code manually, but it already shows N4076.

mbmccormick did you get voice command or guide working?

Any ideas why voice command isn't working? Presumably the Xbox is recognizing the voice command and sending IR signals to the HW150PVR just like the remote would.

If anyone has gotten this working I would love to hear about it.

Thanks.
therealsod

Postby derickc » November 26th, 2013, 11:04 pm

I just managed to get the HW150PVR working with Xbox One, One Guide integration, and Kinect voice control. Selecting a channel by voice results in the channel numbers being entered via Kinect/IR. It takes about 5 seconds for the code to be entered (you can see each digit appear as Kinect enters it) and for the HW to then change the channel, but it works.

I visited Xbox One Settings -> TV & OneGuide -> Cable or Satellite Box Model.
I entered Mediasonic as the Cable or Satellite Box Brand.
I entered HW as the Cable or Satellite Box Model, and it searched and gave me HW150PVR as the only choice I could choose.

I just purchased the HW150PVR on Amazon - delivered today - and when I looked at the software (firmware) version it says it is running v14, which I believe is one of the latest (depending on which remote control you have). I'm not sure if the latest firmware is necessary.

Loving it! Browsing by channel names and other OneGuide shortcuts is pretty cool.

I did notice that if the HW is in Timeshift mode (i.e. you pressed pause to start timeshift recording to USB) it doesn't let you change the channel. You have to press Stop to get out of timeshift mode first. I also ensured that the HW was pushed forward in the cabinet for maximum IR coverage.

Good luck!
derickc

Postby therealsod » November 26th, 2013, 11:44 pm

Thanks for the info! Glad to hear this is working in some configuration. I also ordered from Amazon, delivered today, v8 firmware. I can try updating to v14 if I can find it.

I did get it to work in a less than desirable position... For some reason it wasn't clicking in my head that the Xbox One IR Blaster is the Kinect. When I put the HW-150PVR directly facing the connect instead of next to it on the cabinet, it works as you described and changed the channel by sending the number keys commands to the HW-150PVR.

Thanks again!
therealsod

Postby therealsod » November 26th, 2013, 11:46 pm

Strange, sending a Channel Up command to the Xbox... instead of Xbox sending Channel Up to the HW-150PRV, it sends the digits for the next channel.
therealsod

Postby derickc » November 27th, 2013, 12:47 am

therealsod wrote:Thanks for the info! Glad to hear this is working in some configuration. I also ordered from Amazon, delivered today, v8 firmware. I can try updating to v14 if I can find it.

I did get it to work in a less than desirable position... For some reason it wasn't clicking in my head that the Xbox One IR Blaster is the Kinect. When I put the HW-150PVR directly facing the connect instead of next to it on the cabinet, it works as you described and changed the channel by sending the number keys commands to the HW-150PVR.

Thanks again!

I believe the Mediasonic folks have said that v8 is one of the latest firmware versions: http://forum.mediasonic.ca/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=1616. "V8, V13 and V14 is latest for your unit."

I've heard that the Kinect IR is really strong and intended to bounce off your back wall (and furniture) and back towards your TV and cable box - this way it can IR everything - changing volume on your TV and the channel on your HW. Something to consider in your setup.

therealsod wrote:Strange, sending a Channel Up command to the Xbox... instead of Xbox sending Channel Up to the HW-150PRV, it sends the digits for the next channel.

I suspect this is so that OneGuide really knows what channel you are on for browsing. If you change the channel on the HW directly, OneGuide would stay out of sync if it were to press channel up. By entering the channel number Xbox can better guarantee that it knows what channel the HW is on for a better OneGuide experience.

I'm guessing here, but I suspect the reasoning is something like this.
derickc

Postby therealsod » November 27th, 2013, 1:48 am

Thanks derickc.

derickc wrote:I believe the Mediasonic folks have said that v8 is one of the latest firmware versions: http://forum.mediasonic.ca/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=1616. "V8, V13 and V14 is latest for your unit."

Yes I did see that post... they mention in another post that v13 is just an update to include an icon in the menus, but nothing specific about what changed in v14. I emailed them to ask specifically about v8 to v14, I will update here when I hear back. I suspect they will say no update but it can't hurt to ask I suppose.

derickc wrote:I've heard that the Kinect IR is really strong and intended to bounce off your back wall (and furniture) and back towards your TV and cable box - this way it can IR everything - changing volume on your TV and the channel on your HW. Something to consider in your setup.

Kinect IR works with all my other devices, even those in cabinet. But even having the HW-150PVR right next to the Kinect gave no result, only facing each other worked. I have found that the HW-150PVR IR sensor is very tight even when using the HW remote a few feet away.

derickc wrote:I suspect this is so that OneGuide really knows what channel you are on for browsing. If you change the channel on the HW directly, OneGuide would stay out of sync if it were to press channel up. By entering the channel number Xbox can better guarantee that it knows what channel the HW is on for a better OneGuide experience.

This makes sense, thanks!
therealsod

Next

Return to Xbox One with HW150PVR