You should make the guide xbox one compatable

Discussion for Xbox One with HW150PVR

Re: You should make the guide xbox one compatable

Postby joecr » December 12th, 2014, 12:25 pm

jackiechiles wrote:Did anyone ever figure this out? I cannot get the xbox one to change the channels on the HWPVR150, no matter where I place the IR receiver on the front of the box. The only reason I bought the HW-150 PVR was so it could work with my xbox one. My software version was apparently dated August 29, 2014, so I'm wondering if it was updated at some point and that update is causing the current problems? I'm about to mail it back if I can't figure this out.

Did you try all of the remote codes? Depending on the firmware version you have a different remote code. I forget if there are two or three different remote codes.
joecr

Postby jackiechiles » December 15th, 2014, 11:35 am

joecr wrote:
jackiechiles wrote:Did anyone ever figure this out? I cannot get the xbox one to change the channels on the HWPVR150, no matter where I place the IR receiver on the front of the box. The only reason I bought the HW-150 PVR was so it could work with my xbox one. My software version was apparently dated August 29, 2014, so I'm wondering if it was updated at some point and that update is causing the current problems? I'm about to mail it back if I can't figure this out.

Did you try all of the remote codes? Depending on the firmware version you have a different remote code. I forget if there are two or three different remote codes.

OK, I figured this out last night. I was using IR extension cables to control the TV/cable box. My kids accidentally ripped off the casing around the IR emitter on the TV so it was just a bulb attached to a wire with no protective casing. I figured I'd try the more rounded bulb on the HW150PVR to see if it just needed a wider range of signal to work. I taped the bulb to the IR receiver on the HW150PVR, and went through the set up process on the xbox one. I tried to change the channel and it worked immediately. Apparently, the HW150PVR must just have a very small window for the IR reception and removing the plastic case around the IR emitter broadened it enough for it to work. It's working great now for changing channels. I have had some glitches with time shifting, but I suspect I will need a different hard drive to correct that problem.
jackiechiles

Postby Wolverine0717 » January 6th, 2015, 8:29 pm

I just bought this unit from Amazon and installed it today and I'm having the same issue as others. The software version is for November 2014. I can post the exact version later as I'm not currently at home.

I can feed the TV signal through the XBox One, but I cannot change channels. It doesn't work through voice or Oneguide. I tried using the automatic setup, which shows the model number as "HW150PVR". I think uses remote code "N4076" by default. When I try to change the channel nothing happens.

I have tried to enter the remote code manually as others have suggested, with similar results. I've tried code "N2851", which is the only other one that does not come up as "invalid". When I try to change the channel, the screen flashes black, then reverts back to the current channel.

I have tried both methods and adjusted the IR speed between "slow (default)" and "fast" with no change.

Does anyone have a fix for this?
Wolverine0717

Postby someone4stuff » January 14th, 2015, 1:54 pm

Wolverine0717, have you been able to get it working?

I am so tempted to buy one of these so that I can use OTA with the Xbox, but it seems most recent purchases seem to have problems.
someone4stuff

Postby Wolverine0717 » January 14th, 2015, 6:20 pm

someone4stuff wrote:Wolverine0717, have you been able to get it working?

I am so tempted to buy one of these so that I can use OTA with the Xbox, but it seems most recent purchases seem to have problems.

No, but I've been following a thread on the XBox support site regarding this issue. They are working on a fix for this. I will post an update as soon as I hear something.
Wolverine0717

Postby Admin_Mediasonic » January 21st, 2015, 12:44 pm

UPDATE:

Microsoft Xbox team, have contacted us, and they are working to fix the support for HW150
so give them some time, They are working on it
Admin_Mediasonic
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Xbox One with HW150PVR