You should make the guide xbox one compatable

Discussion for Xbox One with HW150PVR

Re: You should make the guide xbox one compatable

Postby KofiJamal » November 29th, 2013, 3:57 pm

I have a HW-10 that was just delivered from Amazon. One of the reviewers said this was compatible with the Xbox One and I want to use it for my OTA needs. I have yet to get off the Menu/Installation Screen. I'm not sure if it's the box or what, but a few hours ago I was able to watch TV and if I put the cable cord back into the TV I can get television like before. Is this system good for my Xbox One needs or should I try the HW-150?
KofiJamal

Postby 02C2 » November 29th, 2013, 4:26 pm

1st off, THANK YOU ALL for helping me get setup.

One key thing that is easily overlooked, make sure you put in the model number. I wasn't able to manually enter the remote code without it, I kept getting the incompatible code error.

The issue I'm having is my channels require a Dash... so CBS in my area is 3-1 but the xbox doesn't insert the dash, so anything under ch 10 comes out wrong... so trying to watch CBS it'll put in a 3 pause then 1 and display as 31. Higher channels, the device is smart enough to decipher, like 17-1

Any thoughts/suggestions?
02C2

Postby poppyq » December 7th, 2013, 6:30 pm

I have the same problem. I need 7-1 but it enters 71 and says :cry: invalid channel. Most likely something Xbox has to fix.
poppyq

Postby dirtyvu » December 7th, 2013, 10:35 pm

here's the OneGuide and voice commands working with the HW-150PVR...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qt6qqNyJXw
dirtyvu

Postby 02C2 » December 8th, 2013, 6:44 pm

dirtyvu wrote:here's the OneGuide and voice commands working with the HW-150PVR...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qt6qqNyJXw

Hmmmm intresting. I know I setup the guide before I setup the pvr... wonder if it's just a clear the settings thing and retry... I'll report back after I play some.

Great find for the vid!!!!

..... and no dice :/ wonder if I have an older firmware or something
02C2

Postby borijess » December 8th, 2013, 9:46 pm

I just got the HW150pvr and set it up with xbox one. I watched the video and followed his instruction to a tee. All works but voice command. I even tried to go to troubleshooting and enter code manually but its already in there (N4076). I have the latest version V14. Where do you get the firmaware cause I had someone else use V13 and there voice commands work great. Can someone provide me a link for V13 firmware to see if that fixes my issue.
borijess

Postby 02C2 » December 9th, 2013, 11:05 am

borijess wrote:I just got the HW150pvr and set it up with xbox one. I watched the video and followed his instruction to a tee. All works but voice command. I even tried to go to troubleshooting and enter code manually but its already in there (N4076). I have the latest version V14. Where do you get the firmaware cause I had someone else use V13 and there voice commands work great. Can someone provide me a link for V13 firmware to see if that fixes my issue.

Watch the video again, before he deletees it, there is a different remote code N2851. If you go to Troubleshooting, go to the "cable box" and manually put that code in. Give it a try.

From what I can tell, there are 2 versions of this box and it sounds like you have the newer version, with the different remote. I have the older version (since I'm on V10 firmware) which I'm guessing is why when I try to hit a lower station, its not putting the - like in the video. If I try the N2851 code, nothing happens with mine, but the N4076 works for the higher stations.

If the admins want to use me as a guinnea pig I'm more than happy to test things out :D, I'll do a beta firmware
02C2

Postby lando27 » December 11th, 2013, 8:40 am

My setup is HW-150 to Xbox to Receiver to TV.
So far the Xbox only sees my tv and receiver.

It never prompts me to enter information about the Mediasonic device.
I've tried removing the receiver from the setup and same thing.
It only sees the Samsung tv and Yamaha receiver.

Has anyone experienced this?
I can get TV working through the Xbox, but I can't set up voice control, it just doesnt show in my list of Devices.
I've got v14 of the HW-150.
lando27

Postby 02C2 » December 12th, 2013, 12:48 pm

lando27 wrote:My setup is HW-150 to Xbox to Receiver to TV.
So far the Xbox only sees my tv and receiver.

It never prompts me to enter information about the Mediasonic device.
I've tried removing the receiver from the setup and same thing.
It only sees the Samsung tv and Yamaha receiver.

Has anyone experienced this?
I can get TV working through the Xbox, but I can't set up voice control, it just doesnt show in my list of Devices.
I've got v14 of the HW-150.

Go to settings on the xbox (its a little quirkier with the one than the 360, I pinned it for easy access).
Select the OneGuide settings. In there you can add your "cable box"
then just search Mediasonic
for model all you need is HW. (don't let it pick it's self)
The vid earlier advises you to clear the channel history (but I don't know if that's actually needed).

Maybe if I get bored (or snag another box off newegg... they're on sale this week) I'll do a picture how to write up.
02C2

Postby lando27 » December 13th, 2013, 10:55 am

I'll take a look again tonight, but I've looked at the TV and One Guide settings.

one_settings.png
one_settings.png (22.1 KiB) Viewed 8502 times

From this screenpic -
I've tried Devices and Troubleshooting, but I don't think I've tried OneGuide.
thanks
lando27

PreviousNext

Return to Xbox One with HW150PVR