You should make the guide xbox one compatable

Discussion for Xbox One with HW150PVR

Re: You should make the guide xbox one compatable

Postby lando27 » December 13th, 2013, 7:59 pm

The only option I get in the OneGuide screen is to clear the guide settings. No option to add the hw150. Weird.
lando27

Postby 02C2 » December 15th, 2013, 5:43 pm

lando27 wrote:The only option I get in the OneGuide screen is to clear the guide settings. No option to add the hw150. Weird.

Should be in Devices. It may throw you off since it's a not a "cable box" per say.
02C2

Postby lando27 » December 15th, 2013, 8:47 pm

02C2 wrote:
lando27 wrote:The only option I get in the OneGuide screen is to clear the guide settings. No option to add the hw150. Weird.

Should be in Devices. It may throw you off since it's a not a "cable box" per say.

Here's what I see:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4t4Tzc6 ... ata_player
lando27

Postby 02C2 » December 16th, 2013, 9:30 pm

lando27 wrote:
02C2 wrote:

Here's what I see:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4t4Tzc6 ... ata_player

Huh... are you signed into live? So far thats the only thing I can think of that would gimp the settings... that or the privacy controls?

I'm googling, I'll update if I come across anything
02C2

Postby lando27 » December 17th, 2013, 12:57 am

Ya I'm always signed into Live. I'm stumped. I'm in Canada, so I'm not sure if thats causing an issue.
lando27

Postby 02C2 » December 17th, 2013, 10:49 pm

lando27 wrote:I'm in Canada

That explains it.
http://o.canada.com/technology/gaming/xbox-one-premium-oneguide-features-arent-available-in-canada/

It's a "premium" feature and not enabled in Canada yet (Or anywhere outside the US). I'm guessing it's currently blocked by your version of the FCC for some reason or red tape with the cable/satellite providers and its easier to just disable it than try to sort out the difference between that and over the air. Of course, apart from the fact that it doesn't work outside the US, I'm speculating on everything else.
02C2

Postby lando27 » December 18th, 2013, 9:49 am

That would explain it. Thanks.
lando27

Postby Admin_Mediasonic » December 20th, 2013, 12:19 am

Admin_Mediasonic
Site Admin

Postby 02C2 » December 20th, 2013, 6:23 pm

Admin_Mediasonic wrote:someone wrote a small guide here
http://forums.wpcentral.com/xbox-one/241339-4.htm

The comments are humorous! I still use my logitech harmony remote mostly for changing channels anyways, its just easier with that and volume... partially since I can only use the voice for the higher channels anyways.

Smartglass is GREAT for controlling the one as well. Just search for what you want and then click the "show on xbox" button... makes Netflix (sorry Canada) a lot easier to navigate when you're searching for a specific episode (The 3 yr old has his favorite Thomas episodes)... or when the wife has the remote ;).

All should get better with updates to the xbox one and maybe tweaked controls from Mediasonic. It pleases me to see they're at least a little active in the forums (at least with firmware responses).
02C2

Postby gmquiroa » December 29th, 2013, 7:51 pm

I just purchased my HW150PVR last night on amazon and received it this morning (that was fast). I set up the Home Works receiver as described on the youtube video and immediately ran into issues. My xbox one was able to watch tv, and pick up the one guide list of channels, however i could not get the xbox one to change the channels by using the voice commands. I then did what i would always do is google my problem, in which i was directed to this Forum, i ended up moving my HW150PVR directly next to the Kinect and tried the voice commands the channel changed. I hope this helps those that are still having issues. Thanks.

Setup:
XBOX ONE DIRECT TO TV HDMI PORT 1
HW150PVR HDMI TO TV HDMI PORT 2 - ALSO ATTACHED MY WINEGAURD FLAT HD ANTENNA COAXIAL TO THE BACK OF THE HW150PVR ***probably not necessary, SCANNED AND RECEIVED OVER 154 Digital CHANNELS (thats great).
HW150PVR WAS PLACED DIRECTLY NEXT TO THE KINETIC BOX (NOT THE BEST VISUAL SETUP BUT IT WORKS FOR NOW) WILL PLAY AROUND with moving the HW150PVR to see what works best.

Hopes this helps any of you having issues. Thanks :D
gmquiroa

PreviousNext

Return to Xbox One with HW150PVR