You should make the guide xbox one compatable

Discussion for Xbox One with HW150PVR

Re: You should make the guide xbox one compatable

Postby 02C2 » January 1st, 2014, 12:23 am

SCORE!!!!!!!! Swapped out the box for the newer version, xbox one works perfectly! lower channels do the hyphen!!!!
02C2

Postby savestheclash » January 2nd, 2014, 2:58 pm

I've got my 150 ordered.

WIthout seeing it setup, one question I have is, can you set the PVR to record/watch shows from an external drive through the xbox?
savestheclash

Postby 02C2 » January 3rd, 2014, 10:54 am

savestheclash wrote:I've got my 150 ordered.

WIthout seeing it setup, one question I have is, can you set the PVR to record/watch shows from an external drive through the xbox?

Yes... ish. At the moment, you'd have to have the external drive plugged into the PVR and use their guide to record/play back from. So you can't say "record fox at 8pm" yet.

Now, the oneguide can get out of sync with the PVR if you change the channel on the PVR instead of letting the xbox do it... its more just a minor annoyance if you pull up the guide and know you're watching fox but it's showing cbs or something.

The xbox can control the timeshift (pausing live tv), fastforwarding/rewinding etc.

I'm assuming (if M$ can ever get the right approvals to do so) that once they update to allow recording TV, you would be able to do a USB drive on the xbox and you'd be able to record straight from the oneguide.

I do HIGHLY suggest a Logitech Harmony remote! It makes life easier with volume and channel surfing and the like. I usually let the wife hang onto the remote and I use the smartglass app do do quick channel changes etc... btw if you do a lot of netflix, search via the smarglass, it makes life OH so much easier (especially if you're like me with a 3 yr old that has his favorite episodes of Thomas)!
02C2

Postby TomC1960 » January 8th, 2014, 2:02 pm

I'm in Canada and I'm not getting the ability to add cable box either. I tried resetting xbox one TV & One Guide and it starts the setup process.

1) It finds the HW-150PVR signal and displays the picture and says it recognizes the cable/sat box.
2) I hit "next" button
3) It then searches and finds my Sony brand TV.
4) I hit "next" button
5) It then presents a screen for One Guide setup and only a "next" button.
6) I hit "next" button.

I can view my HW150PVR but under the TV & One Guide devices ONLY my TV and Sony Sound System show up. There is NO cable/satellite/OTA box where I would enter the HW150PVR. I've hard rebooted XBox One and repeated the process. Still it doesn't give me a Cable/Satellite/OTA device option.

There is way to manually add a Cable/Sat/OTA box on any menu on my XBox One?

Anyone else beside myself and the guy above experiencing this?
TomC1960

Postby MarkDS » January 8th, 2014, 5:51 pm

Anybody have a handle on why some HW150PVR(s) work and others do not?

I have run through every setup lesson found for this device, and while I get TV into the Xbox1, I cannot change channels with either the controller of voice.

Xbox1 recognizes the HW150 in it's list, I have the newest firmware on the HW150 (v1) and I have tried the two different remote codes mentioned (N4076 and N2058 I believe).

I have tried placing the HWP150 and Kinectic face to face, I have tried an IR blaster extender from the back of the Xbox1 but still no dice.

Why are some people having no trouble setting this thing up and others and beating their heads against the wall on this?
MarkDS

Postby MarkDS » January 8th, 2014, 6:01 pm

Anybody have a handle on why some HW150PVR(s) work and others do not?

I have run through every setup lesson found for this device, and while I get TV into the Xbox1, I cannot change channels with either the controller of voice.

Xbox1 recognizes the HW150 in it's list, I have the newest firmware on the HW150 (v1) and I have tried the two different remote codes mentioned (N4076 and N2058 I believe).

I have tried placing the HWP150 and Kinectic face to face, I have tried an IR blaster extender from the back of the Xbox1 but still no dice.

Why are some people having no trouble setting this thing up and others and beating their heads against the wall on this?
MarkDS

Postby CafeConLeche » September 5th, 2014, 1:22 pm

I am in this same situation. Emailed support, but got no answer. Did you manage to solve it?
CafeConLeche

Postby grayden1977 » September 5th, 2014, 10:04 pm

I'm having a stranger situation. I have the V.1 box and whenever I try to get it to change channels through the Xbox One, the screen goes black and then just shows the same channel that it was already on. The other remote code I tried didn't react at all. Any ideas?
grayden1977

Postby bfsoccer6 » November 6th, 2014, 8:39 pm

I am having the same issue with the black screen coming up when trying to change channels. I see no numbers or anything being input and will just come back to the same channel. This is a brand new one v18 off of amazon. I've tried every code I could find online. I"m using a monoprice IR blaster. I might order a different brand and give it a shot. Anybody else have anymore suggestions?
bfsoccer6

Postby jackiechiles » December 11th, 2014, 2:43 pm

CafeConLeche wrote:I am in this same situation. Emailed support, but got no answer. Did you manage to solve it?

Did anyone ever figure this out? I cannot get the xbox one to change the channels on the HWPVR150, no matter where I place the IR receiver on the front of the box. The only reason I bought the HW-150 PVR was so it could work with my xbox one. My software version was apparently dated August 29, 2014, so I'm wondering if it was updated at some point and that update is causing the current problems? I'm about to mail it back if I can't figure this out.
jackiechiles

PreviousNext

Return to Xbox One with HW150PVR