Voice commands don't work right.

Discussion for Xbox One with HW150PVR

Voice commands don't work right.

Postby curseoftheninja » January 22nd, 2014, 9:11 pm

Whenever I say "go to Fox", it goes to channel 81 instead of 8-1. This makes the voice commands useless.

Checking around the internet, there seems there was a firmware update.

I found this statement: If your HW-150PVR have serial # HW-150PVR13070001 and UP. it comes with a new remote layout "Timer" beside the "REC", This unit has V8 version of firmware and it contains same fix as V10, so you do not need to flash the firmware on it.

My serial number is below that, and I have the old remote, but I cannot find a download update my firmware.

Any help would be much appreciated

-michael
curseoftheninja

Re: Voice commands don't work right.

Postby fueldrockets » January 23rd, 2014, 5:38 pm

Do you need to have the Kinect on to work this?? I don't even use Kinect, its still packed away in the packing box it came with.
fueldrockets

Postby curseoftheninja » January 23rd, 2014, 8:13 pm

I got it to work...I had to dig through those youtube comments to find a download to flash-update my firmware from V12 to V14. All is well now.
curseoftheninja

Postby SlipshodDon » January 23rd, 2014, 10:16 pm

Can the admin email me firmware v14?

Apparently this will resolve the missing dashes for channels with voice commands. My unit has v12 and the outdated remote control.

Thanks.
SlipshodDon

Postby joecr » February 12th, 2014, 12:50 pm

I wonder if the update worked because they changed the remote codes. You may want to try both codes instead of updating the firmware. By updating the firmware you may have made the remote it came with to no longer work.
joecr

Postby BizarroMatt » August 29th, 2015, 10:06 am

I'm having the same problem, although I have a decent idea of what may be causing it. I have it run through my Xbox One of course, and when I tell it to "Watch ESPN" or "Watch Fox" it will turn to a channel that always says "invalid channel". The channel number it's sending aren't correct at all. I live on a college campus that basically runs their own telecommunications stuff so our ESPN is like 29-1, ESPN2 is like 29-3, SEC Network 29-4, and so on. So our channels only go to like 45 or so but we have a ton of channels. Is there anyway to make sure the PVR and Xbox One both know what the channel numbers are?
BizarroMatt

Return to Xbox One with HW150PVR