Problem with 20 Pin ICC on HP1-U32F USB 3.0 PCIE Card

Support and Discussion for HP1-U32F

Problem with 20 Pin ICC on HP1-U32F USB 3.0 PCIE Card

Postby mmaser » April 4th, 2015, 7:26 pm

Hi Mediasonic Support,

I just purchased a HP1-U32F from NCIX.com, installed as per manual, hooked up SATA power, hooked up USB 3.0 20 Pin ICC from front of computer case, installed the drivers off the included disk. Drivers installed properly, Fresco Logic xHCI (USB3) Controller FL1100 Series and Fresco Logic xHCI (USB3) Root hub show installed just fine (no exclamation marks or triangles), and the driver version shows up as Fresco Logic 07/03/2013 version 3.5.100.0.

On all the USB ports on my computer AND on the HP1-U32F, USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 flash drives operate properly WITH ONE EXCEPTION. The problem is that any USB 3.0 drives plugged into the front 20 Pin ICC port are recognized, they show up, can be read from, but nothing I do will allow me to WRITE to them. By write to them, I mean create files, copy or move files or format the USB 3.0 flash drive. Attempting to do this causes the USB 3.0 flash drive to hang or completely disappear (disconnect). This does not happen to the USB 2.0 flash drives attached to the front 20 Pin ICC, only the USB 3.0 Flash Drives. Remember, the USB 3.0 Flash drives work properly on the rear two USB 3.0 ports on the HP1-U32F (can read, write, format, etc.).

So it can't be the power, as the rear ports and card work just fine. It can't be the actual 20 Pin ICC cable from the card to the front of the computer case because USB 2.0 flash drives work properly, and USB 3.0 flash drives are "Recognized" and read from (just not written to). The only thing I can think of is maybe the drivers are old or outdated, or somehow are not compliant with my system (your site does not seem to have newer drivers)? My computer is: OS - Windows 7 Pro SP1 64 bit (x64), motherboard - GigaByte GA-MA770-UD3 (rev 1.0), CPU - AMD Phenom II, X4 940 Quad Core 3000MHz, 8GB DDR2 RAM, Video - GigaByte GV-R9-270OC-2GD, Rev 1.0, Radeon , Two SSD and Two HDD, One DVD-RW. No issues what so ever with the system and USB ports before??

Any ideas on how to fix? Is this a bad part on the HP1-U32F leading to the 20 Pin ICC port, or bad chip on the card, or a driver issue ?? Can I get / do you have newer drivers? Thanks !
mmaser

Re: Problem with 20 Pin ICC on HP1-U32F USB 3.0 PCIE Card

Postby Admin_Mediasonic » April 22nd, 2015, 3:00 pm

We believe the internal ICC port + the cable, does not provide enough power to the USB port for USB 3.0 function. Is ok on USB 2.0
this is the same issue with most front USB 3.0 ports that comes with a Computer case.

if you need to extent USB 3.0 port. is best to use Powered USB hub. which will provide enough usb port power.
Admin_Mediasonic
Site Admin

Re: Problem with 20 Pin ICC on HP1-U32F USB 3.0 PCIE Card

Postby Loubo » August 9th, 2015, 4:38 pm

I had a similar problem on my Intel DX58S02 based tower; where I had the HP1-U32F card connected to a 'SilverStone FP56' 3-port USB 3.0 + 1 fast charge front case panel.
But in my case the front and rear ports stopped working completely and wouldn't recognize any usb drives inserted.

I went to the fresco logic site (in link below) and dl'd the usb 3.0 driver there, ran it; and all the the front and rear ports work read and write properly. I suspect one of the many recent Windows updates was to blame... I hope this may help you..

http://www.frescologic.com/support.php
Loubo

Return to Mediasonic HP1-U32F, PCI-E USB 3.0 Card