[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Mediasonic Forum • View topic - Orange light in 2 seconds after power on

Orange light in 2 seconds after power on

Support and Discussion for HFD1-SU3S2 - For PC Users

Orange light in 2 seconds after power on

Postby pas » May 30th, 2018, 9:30 am

I just bought a 4 bay hard drive docking station from your Amazon 2 days ago and the unit does not seem to be functioning properly out-of-box.
It larger LED light keep turning orange in 2 seconds after the device is powered on even with the HDDs connected.
Here is what I did:

1) I connected the power cable and USB cable.
2) I pressed the circle power button on the docking.
3) The LED strip lighted up blue.
4) Immediately connected the HDDs into the slot.
5) I pressed the small power button at the HDD slot to turn on the slot.
The HDDs started to spin.
Then for about 2 seconds the LED strip turned orange immediately.
And then the HDDs started to spin slower and slower.
My computer did not even see any of the external HDDs.

I have tried many times on 2 completely different computers with different HDDs and the result is still the same.
I tried with the following HDDS:
- 1TB un-formatted 2.5’ at 5200RPM
- 4TB formatted 3.5’ GPT at 7200RPM
All of the drive are SATA 3 (6gbps)

The unit’s serial number is: L17060134.

I emailed the email 'support@mediasonicusa.com' and asked for support.
No one answer me for more than 1.5 business-day now.
pas

Re: Orange light in 2 seconds after power on

Postby Admin_Mediasonic » May 30th, 2018, 2:02 pm

if it goes to orange led. That mean it did not detect a computer that is ON
so it went to sleep mode

if using desktop, make sure to connect to the USB port at the back of the computer
Admin_Mediasonic
Site Admin

Postby pas » May 30th, 2018, 2:29 pm

pas

Postby Admin_Mediasonic » May 30th, 2018, 2:34 pm

Try a USB 2.0 port and see if it does the same thing. Or use a USB 2.0 cable (say from a USB printer, yes it will fit the back of the dock)
if you have USB powered HUB. Try connecting the dock to the hub.
Admin_Mediasonic
Site Admin

Postby pas » May 31st, 2018, 9:54 am

The laptop I tried to connect the HDD docking to are Lenovo E560 and Lenovo ideapad Z580.
In both cases, I connected directly to the USB ports on the laptops.
The docking's LED strip still turns orange in 2 second with or without the USB cable connect to a computer.
pas

Return to HFD1-SU3S2 - For PC Users