HW180STB issues

Support and Discussion for Homeworx HW130STB and HW180STB
Indyharleyguy

HW180STB issues

Post by Indyharleyguy »

I'm using this to record football games. I have a 128 GB USB drive. It stops for no reason. The thumb drive is not full
Any ideas on how to fix this would be great.
Thanks

eherberg

Re: HW180STB issues

Post by eherberg »

Don't use thumb drives. Only a very select few can maintain the sustained write speed necessary. I use a 2.5" 320 GB hard drive. The lower size gives response time that is close to flash drive - but without the write speed problems that come with flash drives

slcasner

Re: HW180STB issues

Post by slcasner »

I wonder whether the file format of the thumb drive might be a factor. If it is FAT32, the maximum file size is 4GB which may be exceeded by the duration of a football game. NTFS avoids that limitation. The recorder may be able to use multiple files on a FAT32 filesystem, but perhaps that causes a pause that makes the recording time out. I have been using a SanDisk Extreme USB 3.0 64GB thumb drive formatted NTFS to successfully record 1.5-hour programs. But I also tried a PNY 128GB USB 3.0 thumb drive that caused the video to break up and also caused recording to stop. Search "FAT32" on the forum for other threads about the limitations.

Return to “HomeWorx HW130STB and HW180STB ATSC Digital Converter Box with Media Player Function & HDMI”